TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: How about Offroad Bus pics? FAQ Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
agreendaya Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Someone else started the wilderness bus pic thread, which is cool, but how about offroad buses? I know it's possible, because I just did it...

Post away!

VWsArent4Hippies Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:48 pm

pb24ss Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:06 pm

yankee boy basin - ouray, colorado

mnskmobi Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Me and my bus "offroad" (well, off sealed roads) near Marysville in the Central Highlands of Victoria, Australia. Taken in 2001, 2 months after purchasing the bus.

I have often taken the bus on unsealed roads. I have found corrugated roads to be perfect for getting baby to sleep though other passengers have to check they still have their full complement of teeth!

Note the jeans tucked into socks. The leeches just about carried you away if you stood still for long enough. :shock:

barrysmith Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:21 pm

agreendaya wrote: Someone else started the wilderness bus pic thread, which is cool, but how about offroad buses? I know it's possible, because I just did it...

Post away!
in Oklahoma that is a highway

old DKP driver Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:27 pm

Ryan,Cool pic and since you posted it, i guess you made it home alright.glad to see you having fun! :D

agreendaya Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:28 pm

barrysmith wrote: agreendaya wrote: Someone else started the wilderness bus pic thread, which is cool, but how about offroad buses? I know it's possible, because I just did it...

Post away!
That'd be the Sierra Nevada, up by Strawberry, CA. The road led to some beautiful camping. Any bus people in CA, I highly suggest it. All the places off 108 are great.

vwbusbusvw Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:34 pm

barrysmith wrote: agreendaya wrote: Someone else started the wilderness bus pic thread, which is cool, but how about offroad buses? I know it's possible, because I just did it...

Post away!

:lol: 8)

bigyellowdogs Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:35 pm

mnskmobi wrote:

Note the jeans tucked into socks. The leeches just about carried you away if you stood still for long enough. :shock:
leeches? :shock: that's hardcore. neat pic. that's a cool-looking bus.

and now we're doing offroad pictures? i just finally got to post one in the wildneress thread that i thought was respectable. i think it will be a long time before i get to join you guys here. do gravel driveways count? :D

norcalmike Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm

agreendaya wrote: barrysmith wrote: agreendaya wrote: Someone else started the wilderness bus pic thread, which is cool, but how about offroad buses? I know it's possible, because I just did it...

Post away!
That'd be the Sierra Nevada, up by Strawberry, CA. The road led to some beautiful camping. Any bus people in CA, I highly suggest it. All the places off 108 are great.

ive been up there. i live off highway 50
haven't taken the bus, YET 8)

agreendaya Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:21 pm

Definitely check out Herring Reservoir. Nobody's out there, the fishing's great, and there's tons of good bus photo ops. :D

LuckyMonkeyGarage Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm

Here ye go :)

LuckyMonkeyGarage Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Buszilla in the snow :D

MadMax78 Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:35 am

ghostwagens wrote: image

Buszilla in the snow :D

Looks more like a beach to me :wink:

I did a little video :) Check it out at: www.baywindowtobeijing.com

LuckyMonkeyGarage Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 pm

:) Dammit you're right! I give you all these cool pics of orange buses with roo bars in the roo bar forum and now you blow my cool and tell me that it's a beach. Thanks :) :oops:

JMazier Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:56 pm

MadMax78 wrote: I did a little video :) Check it out at: www.baywindowtobeijing.com

Awesome video man! Way to roll! “beep beep”!

Here are a few from Baja this spring…

Off road is what I live for in my bus! I could not believe the clearance that we have with these machines!

faster Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:05 pm

Off road.

agreendaya Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:23 pm

CJMazier, what kind of tires are those? Looks pretty heavy duty. (I'm looking to get new tires for my bus...)

Sweet video! Is it just me, or did Looney toons rip off the bus horn for the roadrunner?

MadMax78 Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:30 am

hehe, yea it sounds pretty silly :lol:

I might get one of these

8)

camit34 Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:40 am

pb24ss wrote: yankee boy basin - ouray, colorado

Great pic...where in CO are you located? I'm over on the east side of Aurora.