TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Kubel Treffen East 2007?
Fun 181 Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:11 pm

I haven't seen ant posts regarding this event (in either the event forum or here) in quite some time.

I have never attended this event, but it sounds like fun. I have heard tales from previous years where large caravans of Things have driven from Boston all the way down to N.C. with fun pit stops and adventures along the way.

Unfortunately, the web site http://kubeltreffeneast.homestead.com/KTE2002.html doesn't provide too much information for Thing newbies.

Does anyone know who hosts/organizes this event? All I could find was a pre-order form that had a mailing address. No email address or phone numbers are listed. I would have thought this would be a big deal for the community, and that the organizers would be plugging it here on the Samba.

Are there any Samba Thing folk planning on attending?

Woreign Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:18 pm

I received an email from the Thing Shop about this event. Here's what they had to say:

"Kubel Treffen East 2007
Driving Weekend
Asheville, NC - Saturday/Sunday July 14-15, 2007 - Two days of driving with your fellow Thing enthusiasts, originating from the Asheville Ramada Inn. There will be a barbecue, entertainment, and Thing Shop personnel there to take orders and help you outfit your vehicle in fitting form. Take the drive, walk around scenic Asheville, or just hang out with the other attendees."

Contact them, maybe they have more info?

Ferretkona Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Weekend Details:
There will be no registration fees as there will no longer be a judged show with the exception of a people's choice. Motor vehicles are to be driven no matter what they look like and with that in mind we will have a couple of routes to points of interest in the Western North Carolina area for you to choose which, if either, you want to participate in. If you choose not to go on one of the drives, Asheville is a beautiful town with local attractions which will provide alternative "close by" fun without the long drive. The Biltmore House & Gardens can provide an "all day" outing that you will never forget! Larry & Michele Dustman and the rest of the folks from The Thing Shop will be here with their treasures for those of us always in need of replacement parts and accessories. Saturday's drives will conclude with BBQ by On The Spot Cookin' and entertainment to be announced.
This is Asheville's Busy Season - Reserve your room early!!!

Kubel Treffen East 2007
Kubel Treffen East 2007
Saturday & Sunday, July 14 & 15
- New Format -
VW Thing
Weekend Driving Tour based at Ramada
No Judging
No Registration Fees
Room Reservations: $89 / night
Ramada, River Ridge (same as 2006) - 1-800-836-6732
All drives will originate from the Ramada Motel
Weekend Costs:
You will be responsible for your lodging as in previous years and if you want an event T-shirt you must Pre-order by sending a check or money order to be received no later than June 1. T-shirts will be ordered from the printer on June 1. If you want an Event Shirt, don't miss this deadline! Prices of the Shirts are $15 each for sizes S-XL and $19 for XXL-4XL. If you want a shirt but will not be able to attend, add $5 and we will mail it to you. The T-shirt design link will be added to this website by May 1st. BBQ Dinner Tickets are $8.50 / plate and must be pre-ordered to be received by July 1.
Click for a "print & mail" T-shirt / BBQ order form
VW Thing Driving Weekend
VW Thing Driving Weekend
2007 T-shirt Design ~>

pjmacua Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 am

Fun 181 wrote: Does anyone know who hosts/organizes this event? All I could find was a pre-order form that had a mailing address. No email address or phone numbers are listed.

Hello

You can try this email address : [email protected]

Regards
Pierre-J MACUA

Video Bob Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:04 pm

I plan to go on Saturday, but it seems like this years program is going to be mostly a cruize rather than a show. There may not be many Things at the show site much of the day. Need to stock up on parts for renovation of orange Thing!!! :D

markie61 Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:15 pm

I can't go. Somebody PLEASE take and post lots of pictures...

...pretty PUH-lease!!!!

Mark

markie61 Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:30 pm

markie61 wrote: I can't go. Somebody PLEASE take and post lots of pictures...

...pretty PUH-lease!!!!

Mark

Anyone......? [-o<

Mark

Fun 181 Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Yes, pictures and please pass along any fun or memorable Thing tales!
Muchas gracias.