TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: my bug
ihatemayo Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:05 pm

So this is my car, its a 67, ive owned it for 1 year Weve been through a lot.

I just lowered the front, the fenders rub a little.

It has 2.5 inch drop spindles, running 165 X5 ball joint. Its a really smooth ride besides the passenger door squeaking which ive blown off for like 5 months now.

what do you think of my carb to dizzy setup is it a good match? the car runs great, its a little tempermental but nothing even close to serious.

some nice tight hoses

Anyways to sum it up what i need to now is fix the fender rubbing, I’m hoping i can get the same rims i have but 145s and maybe narrow the beam 2 or 4 inches, i hear you might hit the light housing? Anyone know were or how I can get that desired front wheel please let me know.

IM also planning on re-chroming the bumpers, new fenders, beading, bodywork, paint, the sunroof needs replacing, interior, you know. what every bug owner dreams of.

Anyways let me know what you guys think, likes, dislikes.

xnakx Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:20 pm

tires are too big in the front.
are they cb drop spindles? they will push the track out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Towel Rail Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:24 pm

That distributor looks 90 degrees "off" to me. Is it timed right?

68 T1 Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:52 am

Dizzy and carb setup looks like 34 pict 3 & dvda (205 AN).
Stock for ca. 1600 d/p it should be timed to 5 deg atdc.

Hope this helps

DAM62BUG Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:26 am

Do yourself a favor and move the fuel filter to the front!!!!!

67 Florida Deluxe Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:54 am

Ford LTD window crank for sunroof. cool 8)

drscope Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:10 am

Ditto on the fuel filter! Get that thing moved before your nice ride becomes a Car-B-Que.

jhicken Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 pm

The thing about the fuel filter has nothing to do with the quality of the filter or the tightness of the clamps. The added weight and vibration on the fuel line eventually loosens the brass inlet on the carb.

Consider moving the filter either under the tank or just outside the exit port next to the transmission.

-jeffrey

ihatemayo Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:38 am

ok so i have the dizzy at 7.5 btdc center, better change that, and the fuek filter will be moved i just through that pic in there. i timed it there with the light and it runs good, would bad timeing cause a smoke cloud on an occasional start up?

ihatemayo Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 am

yes they are cb dropped spindles, i knew they pushed it liek a half inch, what should i do with wheels, anyone know were i can get the same ones but like 145ish?

psychosquirrel Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:41 am

Nice parcel tray!