TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Wolfsburg Warehouse in Seattle, WA
jimmy1 Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:37 pm

share your stories, pictures here.

Wolfsburg Warehouse in the 80's and early 90's. Bill Diereckx and Robert Wharton era.

Major Woody Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:40 pm

I remember being in there back then. We sure would party hard, but then that was before the sex reassignment surgery. From time to time this dorky deaf guy would roll in on his BMX bike, asking for parts. I wonder what happened to him.

RINC Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Major Woody wrote: I remember being in there back then. We sure would party hard, but then that was before the sex reassignment surgery. From time to time this dorky deaf guy would roll in on his BMX bike, asking for parts. I wonder what happened to him.

Oh Snap !!!

notchback Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:26 pm

Major Woody wrote: I remember being in there back then. We sure would party hard, but then that was before the sex reassignment surgery. From time to time this dorky deaf guy would roll in on his BMX bike, asking for parts. I wonder what happened to him. I heard he hangs out with some psycho chick now.

Mr Mike Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Living on whidbey Island, I would get into the "warehouse"
on a regular basis. It was fun just to hang out there and look at
all the stuff he had. If I remember correctly he (Bill Diereckx)
was only open four days a week. Thursday thru Sunday.
If you needed advice or special parts, bill was always willing to
go the extra mile to "hook you up". I also remember about the time
bill closed the warehouse, there was a fellow running an engine shop
in the back. Wonder what became of him?

LHG Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Going through an old parts stash we found this box. Frank picked up a pair of early NOS Beetle lever shocks from Wolfsburg Warehouse about 40 years ago.