TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: I have tried searching? Air ride kits Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
sikOval Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 pm

for the air kewld products for type 3 air ride kits like the bolt on rear and other items they have available dose anyone have information or a link of these parts?

blankmange Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:51 am

you mean this guy?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116639

http://www.airkewld.com/pages/welcome.php

sikOval Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:01 am

yes i have gotten that far myself, but I'm looking for the air ride parts they offer for type 3

Air-Cooled Head Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:25 am

sikOval wrote: yes i have gotten that far myself, but I'm looking for the air ride parts they offer for type 3

If you go to their forum, you'll see that you've found all there is. No T3 specific stuff available. I asked him about something for the front of a T3. He's so busy w/ the bolt-in rear kit, T3 is way, way down on the priority list. :(
Better call the DDB! :D :)

sharkskinman Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:13 pm

ive seen fronts that are air bag
or shocks
y can you just get 4 air shocks and a dual circuit controler and an air tank

sikOval Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:57 pm

sharkskinman wrote: ive seen fronts that are air bag
or shocks
y can you just get 4 air shocks and a dual circuit controler and an air tank

NOT AS QUICK

jason209 Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:44 pm

http://www.theddb.com/new/

The DDB makes a bolt-on kit.....

sharkskinman Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:55 pm

so what are we talking for a 4 switch set up on a swing axle type 3 fastback

theres not a link for that specific kit

and is the DDBs like 2000$ or what
i see the air managment kit that (in the picture it shows the bags)$650

Is That Everything i would need
or are we talking all 3 =ing 2000$ or so

do you
:airkewled"
sell the complete kit for 1300$ or so

what else would i have to do to use the kit
(tires,rims,lower it or raise it?)

i like the idea but if its like 1300 to 2000$
i might aswell just buy a set of 4 air shocks
who cares how fast they go down
wouldnt the weight in the back and the lowered setting in the front bring it down just fine

would i lower it -then put it on
or raise it - then put it on

i like them but seems pretty steep for a elective thing

Mr. Bubblehead Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:07 pm

sharkskinman wrote: i like the idea but if its like 1300 to 2000$
i might aswell just buy a set of 4 air shocks
who cares how fast they go down
wouldnt the weight in the back and the lowered setting in the front bring it down just fine

Air shocks don't work that way, don't expect to lift or lower your vehicle with them. And $1300-2000 is cheap for air ride, try pricing a kit for a Chevy S-10! You gotta pay if you wanna play :twisted:

Air-Cooled Head Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:28 am

Shark, from what I've looked at, the DDB kit is about $200 less than AirKewld.
And with a little imagination, you can do your own air management, and make it lots less, especially if you're not concerned about the speed of the raise/lower.
And since Airkewld has no T3 specific front solution, why not go DDB all the way? (That's my plan anyway.)

Mr. Bubblehead wrote: And $1300-2000 is cheap for air ride, try pricing a kit for a Chevy S-10!
Or any American car. $4000+ is common. :?

Mr. Bubblehead wrote: You gotta pay if you wanna play :twisted:

Amen brother!

TheDDB Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 am

If you try to use air shocks they might not give you the performance you are looking for -either in use or life span-

The difference between AK's kits are that they were designed for a t1, he hasnt developed a real kit for t3's

To me these are the benefit's of our kit:

1 we supply a Viaiar 360 pump over the 280 in the "ak" kit WHY?
The 360 is a better pump because it works up to 200psi [what our system work at] the 280 will only go to 150psi.
The 360 has a duty rate of 100%-that means a longer life it is ment for use..the 280 only has a duty rate of 30% the 360 will fill a 5 gal tank in 3 min...the 280 will take 10 min. so you are waiting longer for your tank to fill.

2 we supply a 5 gal tank vs a 3 gal tank...less air means less switch hitting fun.

3 we do use large air line the 1/4 is ok but is slow, we run 3/8 front and 1/2 back...if it is to fast for you then all you need is an adjustable in line air reducer.

here is what "AK" says about his own kit...
"Everybody that is in the mini truck industry, use 3/8" or 1/2" maybe even bigger line to make there vehicle lift fast or even hop. These kit will not take that kind of abuse. If you attempt the parts will fail, so use at your own risk."

hummm interesting,,,

4 our kit is designed for T3 and to bolt in and out vs....not really...

Our kit will get the car very low, to a point when the suspension will stop the car, with a bit of work you can get lower....but that is a different story all together.

If anyone else has questions on Air ride just drop us a note.

TheDDB Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:11 am

sharkskinman Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:01 pm

whats the cost OUT THE DOOR
for a complete t3 kit
+shippng to 22309
south of DC

TheDDB Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:16 pm

sharkskinman wrote: whats the cost OUT THE DOOR
for a complete t3 kit
+shippng to 22309
south of DC

well this one is avail.....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=498438

Air_Cooled_Nut Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:14 pm

Wait a sec...buy the kit then decide to sell at a loss? I can understand PAUSING one project for another but STOP? Then it must be for sale then as well...? Just an odd reason. Weird.

Airkewld Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:16 pm

TheDDB wrote:
1 we supply a Viaiar 360 pump over the 280 in the "ak" kit WHY?
The 360 is a better pump because it works up to 200psi [what our system work at] the 280 will only go to 150psi.
The 360 has a duty rate of 100%-that means a longer life it is ment for use..the 280 only has a duty rate of 30% the 360 will fill a 5 gal tank in 3 min...the 280 will take 10 min. so you are waiting longer for your tank to fill.

2 we supply a 5 gal tank vs a 3 gal tank...less air means less switch hitting fun.

3 we do use large air line the 1/4 is ok but is slow, we run 3/8 front and 1/2 back...if it is to fast for you then all you need is an adjustable in line air reducer.

here is what "AK" says about his own kit...
"Everybody that is in the mini truck industry, use 3/8" or 1/2" maybe even bigger line to make there vehicle lift fast or even hop. These kit will not take that kind of abuse. If you attempt the parts will fail, so use at your own risk."

hummm interesting,,,

4 our kit is designed for T3 and to bolt in and out vs....not really...

Our kit will get the car very low, to a point when the suspension will stop the car, with a bit of work you can get lower....but that is a different story all together.

If anyone else has questions on Air ride just drop us a note.

I don't know if we have ever met, but I think your name is Martin, correct me if I am wrong. First off, let me say, thanks for being a part of the air ride thing. It has been great so far for us and we like to see other people come up with ideas on there own and market them.

There are a few things, i would like to mention. We run a viair 280 for several reasons, some being that the are less expensive that larger models which suits many VW enthusiasts, 2 they can still run a generator although the alternator worker better and to this date, we have over 1675 viair 280's running at least 165 or higher and have yet to have a return. I would love to run larger units but for the masses, I can only see potential problems. Also, we designed the kit to lift the car up, drive, let it out and be able to get it back up when needed. Never for playing around, but that can always be upgraded. As i can see from what you have to offer, you have been around the min truck scene. Believe me, I loved that scene but stuff was just getting f'd up left and right. I will stick to the entry level stuff, and you can have fun with the faster funner kit. I wish you the best of luck with your air ride kits. Take care.

Prototype type 3 air ride. Dual bagged beam and IRS air ride

Release date XMAS 2007

Air_Cooled_Nut Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 pm

Airkewld wrote: ... 2 they can still run a generator although the alternator worker better and to this date...Also, we designed the kit to lift the car up, drive, let it out and be able to get it back up when needed. Never for playing around...
Actually, those are good points in the differences between the two available kits.

TheDDB Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 pm

[quote="Airkewld
I don't know if we have ever met, but I think your name is Martin, correct me if I am wrong. First off, let me say, thanks for being a part of the air ride thing. It has been great so far for us and we like to see other people come up with ideas on there own and market them.

There are a few things, i would like to mention. We run a viair 280 for several reasons, some being that the are less expensive that larger models which suits many VW enthusiasts, 2 they can still run a generator although the alternator worker better and to this date, we have over 1675 viair 280's running at least 165 or higher and have yet to have a return. I would love to run larger units but for the masses, I can only see potential problems. Also, we designed the kit to lift the car up, drive, let it out and be able to get it back up when needed. Never for playing around, but that can always be upgraded. As i can see from what you have to offer, you have been around the min truck scene. Believe me, I loved that scene but stuff was just getting f'd up left and right. I will stick to the entry level stuff, and you can have fun with the faster funner kit. I wish you the best of luck with your air ride kits. Take care.[/quote]

Pete-
Well you got my name right, [signature line?]
and yes we hadnt met, Im not going to split hairs with you on the Air ride kits because they are different.

the 280's are only able to put out 150...any more and youre over working the pump.
Both compressors pull the same amount of voltage, so the alternator/ generator thing isnt an issue as they both work fine.
The price point isnt a lot more and you get a better product, you should hook up your customers and give them the best part avail.

Our kit also will raise the car, let you drive it and have some fun-if your going to spend money on something fun you should be able to do more than the "basics".

Oh and I have never been around mini trucks..they are cool but that was 1988

The kit is for Type 3's period...not a type1 that was re-worked.

[quote="Airkewld
Prototype type 3 air ride. Dual bagged beam and IRS air ride

Release date XMAS 2007[/quote]

A bit late for that one eh? :wink: I cant wait-

Airkewld Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:05 am

Martin, I do not build type 3 air ride kits. You have the market and I congratulate you on that! How long have you been doing air ride?

That fast back was done before you even decide to prototype anything and no its not late, just a little slower for a market that is not as big as the type 1 & 2.

Enjoy the market and the ride now Martin, good day.

sharkskinman Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:35 am

so "DDB" what about the rear of my 67
swing axle
would i use a set from a swing bug for the rear of mine
sure id like to go for the IRS but thats not gonna happen anytime soon

and you are both correct in the market
some want to be able to raise and drive and lower
and there are some that want and will spend a lil more to be able to "Play" more

i guess i just have to descide which one I am
but Do need more info for swing axle

thanx both of you