TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: transformers Page: 1, 2  Next
chrisdawizz Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:39 am

Hi,I just bought a bus which was in the Movie Transformers. I checked the internet, but did not found anything. Who can help me with a picture of the scene? I did not see the movie myself. It is a bit burned, and some dents, but for the rest its ok. Please let me know? Thanks!!!

mynameismud Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:25 am

:lol:

OTO X58 Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:36 am

HAHAHAHA

:lol:

mintonman Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:47 am

How much did you pay for it?? How about some pic's of it aswell. :D

I gotta see this :lol: :lol:

vwbusbusvw Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:40 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-VW-Bus-MOVIE-CAR...dZViewItem

$3850
:shock:

campingbox Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 pm

Any asshole who lets a production company crash a splitwindow bus and set it on fire is a fucking jackass. I hope you ran him over after you bought the bus.

mintonman Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Go to the link & watch the vids, there very informative. I love the way they just cut the cargo area to get the fuel tank out & I also find it funny that he doesn't say anything about the passenger side door when he tries to open it & it won't open :lol: :lol: The burnt paint is no big deal unless they used fire extinguishers, that shit is an absolute bitch to get off and will eat everything. My buddies 59 single he just bought had a fire and that extinguisher stuff is everywhere in the engine compartment. Not that bad of a bus though, I would have paid $2000 for it if I saw it & had the cash to toss around.

VWGirl Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:07 pm

it says the bus is green... am i color blind? cause it doesnt look green to me...

mintonman Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 pm

follow the link & watch the vidio's, the inside is green :wink:

VWGirl Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:13 pm

mintonman wrote: follow the link & watch the vidio's, the inside is green :wink:

lol silly me for thinking by exterior he meant exterior!

mintonman Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:27 pm

I know what your saying, the whole thing(ad & vidio's) is kinda weird. This is what can happen to your bus if you rent it out to a film company though. they'll pay you for the damage done, but it's up to you to get it fixed.

bill may Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:02 pm

looks like it "transformed" into a bondo bucket by the looks of the cracked paint on drivers door and left front nose.

EL DUB Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:02 pm

ive seen that movie twice and i dont remember a split in there

But you get the rights to say yeah transformers:
, wait for it, wait for it, see it?,no, rewind, ok in slow mo- ok ok there you can see the tail light between the three transformers and the flying truck.

Jk,

It would be different if it was the bus from little miss sunshine or somthing someone is going to recognize.
[sorry for the bay reference}

codeMechanic Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:46 am

EL DUB wrote:
It would be different if it was the bus from little miss sunshine or somthing someone is going to recognize.
[sorry for the bay reference}

oh dear god no

chrisdawizz Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:36 am

thank you, but is she a 'keeper' you all would think??

Clara Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:53 am

chrisdawizz wrote: thank you, but is she a 'keeper' you all would think??

that depends on YOU.

Some people are really big on Hollywood. "it was in a movie" is important to them. Some people look at the bus. It's up to you. It isn't a horrible bus, but it does need some work. Since the splitties are 40+ years old, usually they do need some work. That paint should be sorted out where it was burnt. It's not a rust bucket though, looks nice underneath, which is good. And evidently it runs, also nice.

How you you post the pic of the engine here?
It has no fresh air tubes.. this will cause teh engine to overheat, and should be installed asap.

mintonman Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:44 am

Clara wrote: chrisdawizz wrote: thank you, but is she a 'keeper' you all would think??

that depends on YOU.

Some people are really big on Hollywood. "it was in a movie" is important to them. Some people look at the bus. It's up to you. It isn't a horrible bus, but it does need some work. Since the splitties are 40+ years old, usually they do need some work. That paint should be sorted out where it was burnt. It's not a rust bucket though, looks nice underneath, which is good. And evidently it runs, also nice.

How you you post the pic of the engine here?
It has no fresh air tubes.. this will cause teh engine to overheat, and should be installed asap.

I agree here. I know there are people that can hae that bus ready for paint in 3 days of work & that's fixing all the dents!, but then again there are others that would look at it & say it's wasted. Eitherway it is up to you & the amount of cash you have to lay out for getting it going, not to mention your own mechanical ability. Good luck with whatever you do.

Birdmanhere Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:45 pm

reviving this thread to warn you about it on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...0162917522
they fixed the burn with a cheap respray

mintonman Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:01 pm

chrisdawizz wrote: thank you, but is she a 'keeper' you all would think??

I guess NOT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Culito Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:17 pm

It's a shame they wrecked it.

Still savable, and would make a nice bus, though.