TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Some Pics of my Recently Polished 4x4
erok81 Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:26 am

I took a bunch of pictures of my car this weekend, spent some time polishing the super oxidized paint. It actually shined up. The front that looks like bare metal and prepped paint, it actually cleared and shining. I sanded about 10lbs of bondo off the fenders.

Onto the pictures...

I am sure this one will go over well. My mom called it a "beer shifter." :lol:

I am maybe thinking to two tone in a while. There is a ton of rust on the heater channels and some starting on the doors as well. I've never been too good at paint matching, so a second color might work better for me. Although, I am not too sure which color would go well with the blue that is on there now. :?

beetleboy58 Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:38 pm

4x4? Looks good, imo a liitle low.Bring it up 1 notch and it will be super sweet.

erok81 Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:51 pm

beetleboy58 wrote: 4x4? Looks good, imo a liitle low.Bring it up 1 notch and it will be super sweet.

Yeah, I only say 4x4 because compared to some of the really low ones, mine is pretty tall. I either need to raise the rear back up one notch, or get shorter shocks. I am still running stock at two notches and they bottom out quite often.

Nice to hear someone says it's a little low, I never see it as being low. :lol:

TDodge7 Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:52 pm

whats with the natural light can ? don't they have good beer in your state ? j/k

erok81 Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:11 pm

a68veedub wrote: whats with the natural light can ? don't they have good beer in your state ? j/k

It was all I had at the time. As soon as I find something better, it's getting switched.

But to answer the question, it's Utah so no. :P

discoloredcurrency Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:15 pm

did i miss something? who said it would look better if you raised it? lol. never heard that before!

Ragman Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:37 am

erok81 wrote: But to answer the question, it's Utah so no. :P

I definately wouldn't run the beer can shifter in Utah! That's just asking for a friendly meeting with your counties/states finest.

Spazz Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:41 pm

love your car!, leave it as is, just right ride height

Bay74 Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:06 pm

It looks great, but i'm not too keen on the shifter, i think thats trouble waiting to happen. a shifter i always thought would be cool was an old school style coca cola can. try that.

erok81 Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:05 pm

Well, I pulled the shifter off to get a jam nut and like the Scat shifter it came with much better. I might throw that huge shifter on every now and again, because it gets a lot of looks. :lol:

It always makes me nervous with the can on there and cops drive by me. I would love to try and explain that one.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Hotrodvw Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:37 pm

beetleboy58 wrote: 4x4? Looks good, imo a liitle low.Bring it up 1 notch and it will be super sweet.

=D>