TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Der Ratteschwein - my '55 oval rat update
dvs_vw Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:38 pm

Well seeing as my last thread is too far gone I thought I'd start a new one for the slightly new look, here are some more recent pics of the oval rat I have named Der Ratteschwein. Recently completed are a few new mods, and the additions of some new accessories. Sorry for the longish thread and too many pics....but I thought I'd share them anyway!

Fitted the drop spindles, but wound the front adjusters up a little, want to go lower but will wait til the BRMs are on and see how I go, also fitted some adjustable rear springplates and wound them down, but may come up a little to solve the tracking problem from the camber!

Also fitted the wheel trims that came on the KG, looks heaps better than the black smoothies. Also chucked a venetian in.

took the rack off the 59 as it looks way better without it, now on the rat

moved the plate down to make it look lower :roll:

mmmmm camber

found a vintage STOP light on ebay, soon to be mounted off the bumper bracket

got 2 Mexican blankets while on my travels to Tijuana late last month, and 1 now covers the back!

Bambus parcel shelf

and another side shot because I love how low it looks now...and a few new stickers from Japland

thats it for now....will hopefully have the black BRMs on in the next month or so, just deciding on tyres....swingin towards 145/65 smart tyres to bring the front down a little more with lower profiles, and 185/60 out back for a fat look. Keep you guys posted!

SprayBomb Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:28 am

Those turn signals are homosexual :shock:

dvs_vw Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:05 pm

yeah thanks for that....they are a very common addition in the 70-80s in Oz, not much I care to do about it...they kinda suit the ratty look....but hey, thanks for the kind words.

thebucket Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:21 pm

dvs_vw wrote: yeah thanks for that....they are a very common addition in the 70-80s in Oz, not much I care to do about it...they kinda suit the ratty look....but hey, thanks for the kind words. I'd take them off 8)

sixfootdan Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Looks good, I like it.

dvs_vw Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:08 pm

thebucket wrote: dvs_vw wrote: yeah thanks for that....they are a very common addition in the 70-80s in Oz, not much I care to do about it...they kinda suit the ratty look....but hey, thanks for the kind words. I'd take them off 8)

maybe I will one day, but they really don't bother me that much, they work, they are old, and they are ratty, so they suit, ugly maybe, but so be it.

What are everyones suggestions for ratty replacements then....if you can give some good ideas I might replace them with something?!?

thebucket Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:11 pm

dvs_vw wrote: thebucket wrote: dvs_vw wrote: yeah thanks for that....they are a very common addition in the 70-80s in Oz, not much I care to do about it...they kinda suit the ratty look....but hey, thanks for the kind words. I'd take them off 8)

maybe I will one day, but they really don't bother me that much, they work, they are old, and they are ratty, so they suit, ugly maybe, but so be it.

What are everyones suggestions for ratty replacements then....if you can give some good ideas I might replace them with something?!? nothing :idea:

dvs_vw Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:17 am

thebucket wrote: dvs_vw wrote: thebucket wrote: dvs_vw wrote: yeah thanks for that....they are a very common addition in the 70-80s in Oz, not much I care to do about it...they kinda suit the ratty look....but hey, thanks for the kind words. I'd take them off 8)

What are everyones suggestions for ratty replacements then....if you can give some good ideas I might replace them with something?!? nothing :idea:

gee you are full of great suggestions :lol:

The semaphores don't work, I'm not going to get working semaphores just yet, flashers are hooked up and work fine so I may aswell replace them if anything. My 59 only has semaphores and it makes driving just that little less pleasurable when you have to think about every idiot around you who may not see them, I'd rather not have that issue with this car, so, any ideas for nice looking replacements of my so-called homosexual indicators 8)