TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1980 silverbug
selen Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:34 am

Hello,

I'm new here and I wanted to show my bug to the rest of the forum. It's a 1200 from 1980 with a 1300F motor in it and pop-out windows at the back.

selen Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:36 am

more pics..

selen Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:39 am

One of these days I'm going to remove the runningboards and replace them by original ones. I'm also going to buy a new shifter but I can't decide which one! Gene berg shifter or the scat shifter

albert122 Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:57 am

Very nice car.. I like it. The running boards actually look good with the car. Do you have any interior pics? As far as the shifter, Id say gene berg. As soon as i save up some money im buying one.

selen Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:07 am

The interior of the car need a little work. The headliner must be replaced but that isn't urgent :) And maybe later some new seats. I like the classic cobra seats from empi 8)

this is the only interior picture I have so far, I'll try to make new pictures this weekend..

albert122 Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:28 am

wow.. Interior looks new. Looks good. I like those kick panels.. nice work
and the more i look at ur car the more i like those cragars..they look good on ur car.

OTO X58 Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 am

albert122 wrote: Very nice car.. I like it. The running boards actually look good with the car. Do you have any interior pics? As far as the shifter, Id say gene berg. As soon as i save up some money im buying one.

Why would you suggest the Gene Berg shifter if you don't have one?

discoloredcurrency Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 am

Maybe he knows someone who has one and he loved it so much when he drove it that he is going to buy one when he can and he's passing his enthusiasm for this product on to this guy. Jesus do you have to own something to have experienced it before?

albert122 Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Couple of my friends have gene berg shifters. They shift awesome, plus they look good.. Another reason I like the Gene Berg shifter is that you can have one personally made.. I think thats cool. Im not knocking Scat shifters. My brother has a Scat shifter in his 62.. Just gving my opinion. Didnt mean to offend anybody.

buggpower Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:36 pm

Wow i like your bug, especially the wheels :shock: I wondered what bugs looked like with those wheels.Cragar SS?
If those are Cragar SS's what size,width and offset are those? 8)

baja kid Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:56 pm

does any one know where i can buy some of those kick panels i need some for my baja i just glued some carpet up there and its starting to fall and it doesn't look that good anymore. also i would like to have some front speakers too. ok thanks.

OTO X58 Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:25 pm

discoloredcurrency wrote: Maybe he knows someone who has one and he loved it so much when he drove it that he is going to buy one when he can and he's passing his enthusiasm for this product on to this guy. Jesus do you have to own something to have experienced it before?

whoa dude, calm down. I just don't like it when people give other people suggestions, when they have no experience. It can lead to somebody thinking they are getting good advice, and then being very disappointed. too many people on this forum pass on regurgitated information, without knowing what they are talking about.

By his own words, he said that he hoped to own one someday, and that didnt sound right to me. If he's used one before though, then that's cool. Sound like a legitimate suggestion, and that's awesome. Personally, i have never used a berg shifter, but I've had a few scat ones. Stay away from the scat dragfast shifter, they are garbage. I'd take a Hurst one over the scat one anyday.

discoloredcurrency Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:09 am

I'm cool, but just because you said regurgitated! lol. I had a copper shaft hurst, it was sweet.

SprayBomb Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:26 am

RoachGhia wrote: too many people on this forum pass on regurgitated information

That is hilarious, but unfortunately true :lol:

discoloredcurrency wrote: I'm cool, but just because you said regurgitated! lol. I had a copper shaft hurst, it was sweet.

It's mine now :roll: !!!