TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Introducing Myself
AuBenseiter Motor Sports Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Hey everyone,
My name is Jeremiah and while new to this group, not new to auto mechanics. I will admit, vw's where never really my thing even though my father owns a Boony Bug and I own a late 60's Fiberfab Aztec GT clam shell canopy body. My plans for this body were to modify it to fix another chassis and attain supercar speeds. But a few months ago I wound up getting a couple of bug engines. And last week a nieghbor gave me a bug chassis with papers for FREE. Its in rather rough shape, but the price was right and while browsing this forum, I came across the thread "Pan Overhaul" which told me everything I needed to know to repair/ modify my newfound chassis. Looking at it all, the stars seem to be guiding me to build this car as it was meant to be. Oh, and today I was out looking at the azteca 1 thats currently on ebay (search coyote kit car), and the guy also has a transaxle for $90 but he doesnt know anything at all about it.
Before this turns into a novel, I just wanted to say HI!!
Jeremiah

Lo Cash John Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:25 pm

Well hello and welcome to the Fiberglass Buggy/Kit Car Forum. You will likely notice that this forum is dominated by buggy owners/builders, but all VW kit cars are welcome.

You will find loads of info here on VW chassis mods and rebuilds and don't forget to go looking through the Gallery sections also.

I'm up in Jacksonville, Florida and am building 2 buggies at this time...Well, once I get a bunch of other customer stuff out of the way I'll be building them. I've always wanted to do some sort of kit like a GT-40 or Chevron B-16 replica but never have gotten around to it. Maybe in a couple of years I can pull that off.

John

Oz Towdster Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:25 am

Welcome to the nut house , and how about some pics of your car / body

Andrew
Australian Buggy Nut

lostinbaja Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:34 am

Welcome, it's always good to see new people on the board. New people= New ideas.

Yellermanx Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:01 am

Welcome, My buddy Don lives in Inverness maybe you know or have seen him.

He drives this.

and this

and is building this SR, sorry about little pic.

Good luck

AuBenseiter Motor Sports Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:49 pm

Hey guys, Thanks for the welcomes. Coming into this forum, I expected it to be dominated by buggies as they were by far more popular than any other kit car that I know of. But its still nice to know that other "makes" are just as welcome. I would love to provide ya'll with some pics but the body is currently some 1300 miles away and I dont happen to have a camera lense that will reach that far! LOL!!
What I'm really hoping to do is take whatever imformation I can find and repair/ modify my new chassis and get it in running/ driving order then bring the body down. I'm hoping it'll go smoothly like this so the down time is minimal.
As far as me bringing new ideas to the table, well, honestly I dont know what I can offer. VW's are by far different aminals than any other car I've owned or worked on and previously I made an effort to avoid having anything to do with lawn mowers. Oops, I mean VW's, sorry 'bout that, old habits are hard to break.
Yellowmanx, Surprisingly I dont know Don, but seeing those pics (and the fact that he lives in the same town as I) I would really like to. I noticed under your name, it says you live in fla as well, where abouts?
Anyways, its back to the idiot book for me,
Jeremiah

Yellermanx Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:35 pm

I live in New Smyrna Beach. I make it to Inverness occasionally.

You might want to check out the Bug Jam in Dade City next month. It's huge and you will find just about anyone on the Samba that is in Florida there. Most of the southeast for that matter. A good place to learn a lot and buy parts.

http://www.pascobugjam.com/

Lo Cash John Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:54 pm

Yellermanx wrote: I live in New Smyrna Beach. I make it to Inverness occasionally.

You might want to check out the Bug Jam in Dade City next month. It's huge and you will find just about anyone on the Samba that is in Florida there. Most of the southeast for that matter. A good place to learn a lot and buy parts.

http://www.pascobugjam.com/

Ditto to that!