TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Buggy AMF pedal car
Blackoval Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 am

Hello everybody,
I've just bought this very funny buggy on e-bay, it's an AMF junior Toy Division. It's a pedal car made from fiberglas with tubular frame.
Has anybody infos or pictures of a similar one?
Mine is incomplete, rear lights front light and perhaps a fake rear engine are missing.
Any comments or infos are welcome...
see pics here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260531

bugvert Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:00 am

Verry cool! 8)
If I knew of those when my son was little I would have picked one up. I might have to look for one just to ad to my collection. :wink:

buggyblues Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:08 am

I had one that was black and when my kids were little they were out playing and left it outside and poof gone never got it back. wish I could find another one.

Blackoval Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:33 pm

I also have a real Buggy, a belgian Apal Jet from 1974.
He is gonna have a full resto, with tubular frame/cage hidden under the sides, which will go from the front beam to the rear end of the chassis. A little bit like the frame of the Manxter but without the rollcage.
Tires are Cooper 235/60/15 and 275/60/15 but will be replaced by Bias-Ply for an older look , on 5.5 and 8x15 Lemmertz.
Paint will be brown/orange metalflake , the fiberglass "hardtop-cage" will be black and the windshield frame polished.
I have 2 originals Apal bucket seats, a chromed with holes shifter and a Flat 4 BlackCherry steeringwheel...
Exhaust is not yet decided...
I want the buggy to look like it was out of the 70'...

hum,hum, it's a kind of photoshop :oops: :wink: