TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Illinois buggy owner Page: 1, 2  Next
RaythO Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:15 am

Just wanted to say howdy to everyone. I live in east central Illinois, have a Lido a buddy and I built last year. have 3 other friends with buggies on the road in this area and 2 being built. I have owned and built several VWs thru the years but this is my 1st buggy.
Ive been reading the back post so I won`t ask questions that have been covered.
I hope to get to know some of you and maybe see you at a show sometime. Thanks for the time, Rayth

lostinbaja Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:30 am

Good to have you aboard. I belong to a VW club from the south suburbs of Chicago, the SouthSide Buggistas. We make the drive down to Effingham every year, to the Mid-America Motorworks Funfest. Hopefully we can meet you and your crew at the show this summer.

bpritchert87 Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:57 am

nice to see that there are other fellow buggy owners around... i have a few pals here also with buggies but not too far from jerry's club...(club he is in) and i often go to mid America also and up to mofoco's show in Wisconsin.... ya hope to c-ya around.... i live around aurora IL...... just to give ya an idea...................

pudlo Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm

I do not have a"buggy" but do have a Kit-Car.
It is an Invader GT on a '70 beetle chassis.
I live by Quincy, IL on west side of the state.
Been work on the car for over a year agian!
I buiklt this one in 1976 sold it in 1988, bought it back
in 2006 after he let it sit in drive way for 19 years.
I do hope to get out and about with it though.
I did get some stuff from Mid-America for it.

Later
Pudlo

Mongo63 Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Illinois represent! :roll:

Bugauf69 Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:29 pm

I'm in Illinois (southeast central). I attended MidAmerica last summer (without the buggy) :cry: . I am hoping to have it back together in time for '08. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you from The Samba.

garthom Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:27 am

I am located norh of Charleston, Illinois. Been building a Manx now part time for 4 1/2 years. Hope to have it finished this year. But that is what I have been saying now for 3 years!! Lots of valuable info on this site. E-mail me if you are in my area.

JiI Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:23 pm

I live about 20 minutes from Jerry. Been to Effingham for several years. Gotta finish a car someday.
JiI

JiI Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 pm

Mongo63 wrote: Illinois represent! :roll:
Where in NL are you? I'm over by 6 and Parker.
JiI

turnaround89 Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:07 pm

I don't own a buggy, but i do own a baja bug. I live in rockford, illinois. its nice to know that there are other people in illinois interested in vw. haven't met anyone in rockford yet.

GTMike Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 am

I too am in the same club as Jerry. We have several cruises throught the year. Our biggest one was our Rt66 cruise with 10 cars attending. We are a free club with a very reasonable attendance requirement. Anyone in Illinois looking to have some fun should check us out!

www.southsidebuggistas.com

-MT

modelac Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Hey turnaround89, I live in Roscoe, nice to meet you.

GTMike Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:53 pm

turnaround89 wrote: I don't own a buggy, but i do own a baja bug. I live in rockford, illinois. its nice to know that there are other people in illinois interested in vw. haven't met anyone in rockford yet.

We've got members in Woodstock and Winfield. That's kinda close.
Can't say I know anyone in Rockford though...

-MT

Mongo63 Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:49 pm

JiI wrote: Mongo63 wrote: Illinois represent! :roll:
Where in NL are you? I'm over by 6 and Parker.
JiI My parents live at 6 and parker, on Tammy drive. I'm at 4th and Cedar in New Lenox. Who are you? Maybe we know each other?

lostinbaja Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Oh no! I really don't think you want to know him :roll: :D :D

Mongo63 Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:26 pm

Cmon Jerry, I'm not so bad...

lostinbaja Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Mongo63 wrote: Cmon Jerry, I'm not so bad...

You have it wrong...I meant it the other way. :D

Mongo63 Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Do you know something you're not telling me? :lol:

GTMike Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:20 pm

snicker...snicker... :wink:

turnaround89 Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:59 am

modelac, what kind of car do you own would love to see what your up to in roscoe. There are about other people(besides me) that drive bugs in Rockford, one is a Blue super, another is a tan super and the other is a red and white convertible. does anybody know when the mid america funfest is for 2008. I really want to go, and missed it last year. I just started getting into vw bugs about 6 months ago, i am 18 and am trying to learn as much as i can about off road and baja overall vw bugs. thanks everybody.