TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My 67 rat
JohnA1 Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:23 am

yes, the car is doing a permanent wheelie, thanks KYB :?
145s and dropped spindles after xmas

Merry Christmas

drscope Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:47 am

Couldn't you get a better looking babe to lay on the hood?

Looks like you're having fun!

EZGZ Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:54 am

I really like the rat concept.
To much pressure on resto folks to do things a certain way and use all the correct parts.

The RAT Rod gives you much more options to use whats on hand and still be unique. Lot's easier to maintain and touch up.

It's hard to get it just right though. Looks like you made the right choices.
Your having fun and that's what it's all about. As long as you don't cut and hack you can always change or go back.

I agree that your calender girl may not make the sale...... Merry Christmass and hope santa drops off a new hood ornament. hehehehe

joetron Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:11 am

PRIMER BLACK FOR THE WIN!

JohnA1 Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:00 am

i went with the rat look just because this car needs so many things to actually restore it, that its just not worth the money. I could easily buy another bug with half the shit thats wrong with this one and spend less on it than i would restoring this one. this car runs fine, its a 1600dp with dual 40mm solex. 1:4 rockers, dual valve springs and a horrible empi exhaust. its drivable, its fun, thats all there is to it. Im not going crazy and chopping it or anything like that, i just want a fun car.

one more interior shot, what im working on the most.

JohnA1 Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:39 pm

some new shots from today

67 Florida Deluxe Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:43 pm

JohnA1 wrote: ...i just want a fun car.

It looks like you got your wish and you are enjoying it :wink: .

:vw:

JohnA1 Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:27 pm

its getting von-dutched this week

JohnA1 Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:10 pm

german69 Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:01 pm

That is one sick looking bug! What is von-dutched? Anyway looking good!

chickengeorge Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:24 pm

german69 wrote: That is one sick looking bug! What is von-dutched? Anyway looking good!
Pinstriped. Von Dutch was a pinstriper who's only famous because he was a kook. His pinstriping was no better than anybody else's. He was a violent, bitter racist. He's cool now cause his family sold his name to some Dutch, kick boxing champion or something, and that guy is making clothing with the name on it.

Wayne Sombrero Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:52 pm

chickengeorge wrote: german69 wrote: That is one sick looking bug! What is von-dutched? Anyway looking good!
Pinstriped. Von Dutch was a pinstriper who's only famous because he was a kook. His pinstriping was no better than anybody else's. He was a violent, bitter racist. He's cool now cause his family sold his name to some Dutch, kick boxing champion or something, and that guy is making clothing with the name on it.

Jeez Debby downer... He slap yer' grandma or somethin?

chickengeorge Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Wayne Sombrero wrote: chickengeorge wrote: german69 wrote: That is one sick looking bug! What is von-dutched? Anyway looking good!

Jeez Debby downer... He slap yer' grandma or somethin?
Yes, and she's a really sweet lady.