TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: NOS Manx 2 body Updated. Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
seabeebuggy Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm

I found a new body with tags and factory stickers. body is faded some but hood was in home hood is new looking. still has factory stickers and ID plate. 72 pan trans front end non running engine. what is it worth ? it is blue metal flake

lazybonz Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:56 pm

I would have to go and inspect it first to make sure. so pass the guys contact info and when i get it back to NY i will let you know :)

lazybonz Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:56 pm

I would have to go and inspect it first to make sure. so pass the guys contact info and when i get it back to NY i will let you know :)

seabeebuggy Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm

[img]

[/img]

There is a ID tag . no photo

lazybonz Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm

looks like a Manx II
plate mounted on the body?

seabeebuggy Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:01 pm

I dont know for sure where it is mounted, I am going off the owners info. Is there a different place to find them besides on the back over the hump?

lazybonz Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:04 pm

As Far as i know that was the only plase the plate was mounted
It looks in good shape for its year unless it's a siggy i don't know where the plate is mounted i would guess in the same place.

SiggyManx#33 Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:17 pm

That's a Manx 2....... The tag should be on the hump and 4 digits are usually after Bruce left the company.

Siggys have the battery and tire wells, albeit not as deep as the originals.

That's a nice package. If the body will buff out close to the hood, you'll be in luck.

you'd be suprised what you can do to the original 40 year old gelcoat, some elbow grease and some of the newer 3m products.

I didn't think this was going to "buff out" but the car looks like new.

Are you planning on selling it?

aquamanx Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Edit-Looks like 33 beat me to it :oops: :lol: :lol:
Has to be a II with the flat rear seat area. Im pretty sure the siggy manx's have the spare tire and battery well.
Looks good ether way if it has a tag jump on it!

seabeebuggy Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:22 pm

I am thinking of flipping it. sell it

SiggyManx#33 Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:31 pm

I would try a 3 step cleaner/ wax system to see how the gel coat buffs out. That could be the deciding factor on if you make money on the deal.

I can think of several people that would want it if it can be brought back. :wink:

kustoms Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Towards the end of the company's life they ran out of tags and they used decals on the rear seat or rear wall. They where about 4" X 6". You could expect to get 4 or 5 thousand dollars or more for a REAL Manx uncut or molested in any way with all documentation.

90volts Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:38 pm

5-6K for a non running II? in Ca? i don't know about that. they are rarer here, so maybe if someone was deadset on a manx. but for that much i'd expect it to be running pretty well, or runnng pan at least to build on.

kustoms Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:48 pm

When it comes to collecting you would look at it like it is new old stock. Bodies like that are hard to come by. The siggy Manx sold for three thousand and they where new. I get $2500 for cut and drilled Manx bodies when I can find them.

SiggyManx#33 Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 pm

kustoms wrote: When it comes to collecting you would look at it like it is new old stock. Bodies like that are hard to come by. The siggy Manx sold for three thousand and they where new. I get $2500 for cut and drilled Manx bodies when I can find them.

It's only NOS if it's new? That body is just OS.

No offense meant, I would love it, if it buffed out. Otherwise it's just a Manx 2, with a nice dash, that needs paint.

FYI: The Classic Manx sold for 2K.

THE "CLASSIC MANX" KIT WILL CONSIST OF: FIBERGLASS BODY & HOOD WITH REINFORCING TUBES GLAZED WINDSHIELD FRAME ASSEMBLY (PRE-DRILLED) HEADLIGHTS WITH BULBS STAINLESS STEEL ROLL BAR AND STAINLESS FASTENERS STAINLESS STEEL FRONT BUMPER AND STAINLESS FASTENERS ALL BODY SUPPORT BRACKETRY AND STAINLESS FASTENERS SPRING-LOADED HINGED LICENSE PLATE MOUNT ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN MOUNT AND STAINLESS FASTENERS EMBLEMS (FRONT & REAR) SIGNATURE PLAQUE ON REAR OF BUGGY SIGNATURED SERIAL NUMBER PLATE

THE "CLASSIC MANX" KIT IS SLATED TO SELL FOR $2,000.

WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING DOWN PAYMENTS OF $1,000 WITH A PURCHASE AGREEMENT (3% ADDED FOR PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD), THE REMAINING AMOUNT TO BE PAID JUST PRIOR TO DELIVERY

kustoms Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:10 pm

It will clean up. I am confident with my assessment. I sold enough buggies to have a pretty good grasp of the market. Besides, Being in the restoration business I know how my customers think. They would think that buggy is as good as gold. Some times we tend to think, because we know how to get these things from uninformed sellers for little or no money that they are not worth anything. The Manx is highly collectable. We should not short change them. Didn't an uncut siggy sell last year for 7 or 8 thousand?

SiggyManx#33 Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:21 pm

kustoms wrote: Towards the end of the company's life they ran out of tags and they used decals on the rear seat or rear wall. They where about 4" X 6". You could expect to get 4 or 5 thousand dollars or more for a REAL Manx uncut or molested in any way with all documentation.

Fair enough, it is your business so 4k to 5k it is.

Seabee, your sitting on $2700 worth of profit. plus you get a free pan, engine etc.

Sell it and go get yourself a few Berriens.

seabeebuggy Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:12 am

Well I picked it up tonight. I did not take the pan and stuff it was is a good rolling pan with new brake lines and coated in something. looks great but it was not shortened. The body is in uncut condition. Not 1 hole in it. The hood is perfect with factory sticker. It is registered in the manx registry per the seller The main body is faded and has rub marks in a few spots but look to be just surface. I don't know if it can be rubbed out. I mean I dont know about that stuff. Feels like it needs a clear coat. ID tag is all good. I will not try to buff it out. Just try to find a new owner. I still don't know what it is worth and hope I did not loose anything. No cracks... SN# 1658

Manxdude Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 am

$2,000 Siggy was for a solid color, metalflake was more$$

Nice find...

Yellermanx Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:21 am

seabeebuggy wrote: I will not try to buff it out. Just try to find a new owner.

That's good thinking, unless you know what you are doing with a buffer you could turn it into junk in a few seconds.