TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: need pics of headlight mounting
BIG BALLS MAGEE Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:39 am

so the P.O of my buggy counted the headlights on the fenders instead of the spot they are supposed to go, it looks like the discs on my lights are too big please post pics of how yours are mounted

thanks
david

jspbtown Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am

Motorcycle headlights on stainless steel & neoprene washers.

90volts Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:52 am

street rod lights - king bee- 7 inch. what looks too big? what i had on mine was the headlight, the cup , and a plate that went under the cup (flat). the plate was too big. i tossed the plate and filled in the cup with fiberglass, sanded it out to the curve of the mounting pods and mounted. not my idea, there is someone on here that i got it from. i will see if i can find his link if he doesn't beat me to it.

BIG BALLS MAGEE Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 am

the bubble looking cup that goes between the body and the light

EMPIImp69 Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:21 am

90volts wrote: Quote: there is someone on here that i got it from
Lostinbaja (Jerry) did it, he had a pic too.

90volts Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:49 am

yes. you put a pice of tape over the hole in the top of the cup. turn it over. fill it with shredded fiberglass cloth and resin. let it harden. put it against your mounting pod on the buggy body and see where you need to sand to make it fit smooth. it will end up a rounded shape, just like the body's mounting pod.

90volts Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 am

found it.

like three rows of pics down you'll see the pics with directions. was really simple. (thanks again jerry :D )

lostinbaja Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 pm

I'm always happy to help :D