TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Nid's back in the Saddle again
Nid Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Well, I had a slight disagreement with a concrete median in my Bimmer, so until I can get a new oilpan and differential, I'm putting my Fatchick back on the road.

It's been a while since I've been behind the wheel of one of these beasts, but hey.

Fatties need lovin too. Especially when walkin's the alternative :oops:

Here's what I've been up to all day:

Look at that ass.

Powered by a built 1776cc dual Kad beast. Full flow, balanced, all the goodies, etc. Lowered 2" all around, upgraded swaybars front and rear, Kafer Kup bar, lowering struts in the front, tranny brace in the rear, tomorrow I put the 4 wheel discs on.

Well?

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WbEVAh5x4

Gary Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Very nice.

66busman Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:09 pm

Cool, take some pics with it on the ground.

Nid Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:15 pm

This was the last one I had of it before I bought my old '67 bug.

66busman Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Ah, I'm a sucker for bumper over-riders on fattys. Nice car Nid, glad you're putting it back on the road.

Nid Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:00 pm

I call it the Kragens Special. Dad's got one of those retarded rain guards over the gills on the decklid, one of those cheap 99 dollar bolt in roll bars, and thsoe plastic bolt in bucket seats he keeps trying to put in. He also wants to put in T bars and shave the trim, add 1" wider fenders, and call it a German Looker.

I'm calling it fucking TACKY. He just won't listen to me about how that roll bar will be more dangerous than helpful. Looks like it will fold before anything.

Well, today we got the carbs synched, but its still running real rich. Bit of black smoke coming out. Tomorrow I plan on ripping off the front drums and getting the disc races pressed in.

And I went looking for the old bumpers. Apparently they got thrown out. I can't find them anywhere :evil:

Mr. Bungle Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:37 pm

right on nid.

i'm sure it'll feel good to be behind the wheel of an acvw again. nothing like it!!

Nid Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 pm

WhuBAM.