TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Terminal Blocks Page: 1, 2  Next
OOPS1215 Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:17 am

I am starting the wiring process on my buggy and I am looking for a diagram of how to wire the lights, running lights and signals through a terminal block. Thanks in advance!
Brian

Dale M. Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 am

Terminal block, or Fuse block???

There is a difference...

Dale

BL3Manx Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:20 am

Here's a fairly simple one. Its the same diagram that comes with the Bugpack harness but its been re-colored. I've used the Bugpack harness, but I remove and throw away the Taiwanese fuse block with the old VW style fuses and replace it with a small fuse block from the local auto parts store that has modern SAE type fuses.

The numbers near the switches are the terminal numbers if you use VW switches and components.

OOPS1215 Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm

I am using a terminal block for the lights and signals and I would like to know how to wire them. I am using a beetle switch.
Thanks
Brian

[/img] :?:

kustoms Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:56 am

We just had this discussion about a Highway-15. WHAT KIND OF TAIL LIGHTS? Dale M came up with this solution for the signal bulb tail light. It would work fine but I am not a fan of all the extra points of contact that can go bad. Below is a link to a solid state trailer box you can use.

Link to box that will do the same thing.
http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/product.php?productid=928

Dale M. Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 am

Since the relay contact are enclosed the are semi protected and should last a long time... Also using a anti-corrosion grease on all contact surfaces will make wiring systems more reliable...

Also if relays are not your thing .. Here is solid state system that may be more to your liking...

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/2366,384_Hi-Tech-T...n%20signal

Dale

kustoms Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:31 am

The block I posted is only $10.00. Man, That aluminum case is expensive.

Dale M. Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:58 am

But it does a whole lot more....

Dale

kustoms Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 am

Two words... Dune Buggy. :P

Jimmler Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:33 am

That box seems to offer too many solutions. "Do I hold the button for 1 second or two or four?" I guess it's better than not having ANY turn signals. It does seem pricey for something that is probably no more than a PIC chip and some driver transistors. Guess they have to recover their development costs somewhere......

lostinbaja Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:42 pm

I can replace a relay on the road, if needed, although in the 7 years my buggy has been on the road I haven't had a problem. If the electronic module fails and you need to order one and install it.
There is a reason the car manufacturers still use electro/mechanical relays coupled to the onboard ECU's.

Dale M. Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:16 pm

kustoms wrote: Two words... Dune Buggy. :P

One word....

"Quality"....

Dale

Yellermanx Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:27 pm

I personally like the Euro tail lights with the amber turn signals. I think the look nice and no need for relays or magic boxes. :D JMHO of course. Of which I have many. :P

Yellermanx Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:45 pm

It doesn't have to be complicated. The link below has lots of wiring diagrams separated into individual circuits. Just chose a circuit to start with and do them one at a time.

Excellent site. http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/htm/elec.htm

kustoms Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Dale M. wrote: kustoms wrote: Two words... Dune Buggy. :P

One word....

"Quality"....

Dale

Oh stop.

kustoms Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Yellermanx wrote: I personally like the Euro tail lights with the amber turn signals. I think the look nice and no need for relays or magic boxes. :D JMHO of course. Of which I have many. :P

Me too.

Dale M. Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 pm

kustoms wrote: Dale M. wrote: kustoms wrote: Two words... Dune Buggy. :P

One word....

"Quality"....

Dale

Oh stop.

You need to reign in your ego and attitude.......

There are many different levels of building done by many different people with varies experience level with different expectations........

All that I am trying to do is expose many different options to as many people who have a interest..............

Dale

kustoms Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Dale M. wrote: kustoms wrote: Dale M. wrote: kustoms wrote: Two words... Dune Buggy. :P

One word....

"Quality"....

Dale

Oh stop.

You need to reign in your ego and attitude.......

There are many different levels of building done by many different people with varies experience level with different expectations........

All that I am trying to do is expose many different options to as many people who have a interest..............

Dale

Dude lighten up. No disrespect was intended.

jspbtown Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 am

Told ya Oops.

kustoms Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:00 am

jspbtown wrote: Told ya Oops.

Jerry, It was only a miss understanding based on my inability to present my posts as light harted banter. I hope no one else felt I was on the attack. If so, Please accept my apologies.