TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New Buggy Design
fuoriserie Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Just for fun, a few months ago I worked on a new design for a modern Dune Buggy.
The idea was to work on a mid-engine setup, but i'm now considering the tried and tested rear engine classic option.

Here is my first very rough sketch , I'm now working on a few more design alternatives, will try to post later...

Italo

kustoms Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:15 pm

Thats wild. I would love to see it built.

fuoriserie Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:25 pm

kustoms wrote: Thats wild. I would love to see it built.

Thanks, will try to rework the sketch on the dimensions of an available pan or tube chassis

nomis Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm

reminds me of the hoppa buggy that appeared over here a few yeats ago.

Was very cool, but seems to have disappeared now :roll:

http://www.hoppastreetbuggy.com/

fuoriserie Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:48 am

nomis wrote: reminds me of the hoppa buggy that appeared over here a few yeats ago.

Was very cool, but seems to have disappeared now :roll:

http://www.hoppastreetbuggy.com/

I did like the Hoppa rear design, but the front wasn't what I like in buggies.

Will try to rework a few more sketches based on real chassis dimensions...

Rick Iverson Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:28 am

Superb! Do you have a buisness plan?

Iverson

didget69 Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:45 am

Nice - could see it build using new MINI headlights, or maybe 1st-gen Neon headlights, and Boxster tail lights...

bnc

fuoriserie Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:02 am

Rick Iverson wrote: Superb! Do ypu have a buisness plan?

Iverson

Thanks Rick,

No I don't have a business plan, my idea was to build a running prototype, and evaluate the potential and feasability of the the design.

I have a few more rough sketces before I decide on a final, but will post on here for feedback

Italo

fuoriserie Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 am

didget69 wrote: Nice - could see it build using new MINI headlights, or maybe 1st-gen Neon headlights, and Boxster tail lights...

bnc
Thanks......I like those Mini lights, they have the right mix of retro and modern design look, and fit perfectly with a buggy shape.

Italo

fuoriserie Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 am

fuoriserie wrote: didget69 wrote: Nice - could see it build using new MINI headlights, or maybe 1st-gen Neon headlights, and Boxster tail lights...

bnc
Thanks......I like those Mini lights too, they have the right mix of retro and modern design look, and fit perfectly with a buggy shape.

Italo