TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cool Pics of your Van this Winter Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dogpilot Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Just for fun, lets post some cool pics the community has done this winter. I'll start. Besides, I'm tired of droning on about the Throttle Switch or other such droll stuff. The vans are more fun when they work. Pic of Syncro in Mojave Storm:

RCB Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Hey Dog....."Mojave Storm" my ass, thats a shot of the first Westy on the moon.

ranchero Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:34 pm

Not as cool as dogpilot's photo, but here is what Crested Butte looked like on Valentine's Day weekend 2008

floggingmolly Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:38 pm

I want a Syncro!! :( Geology in a 2WD sucks...

BadBeetle Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:44 pm

RCB wrote: Hey Dog....."Mojave Storm" my ass, thats a shot of the first Westy on the moon.
Here ya go...

nathan@el Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Here's my van at Joshua Tree several weeks ago for some rock climbing....

Escorial Syncro Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Okay, not the best action photo. But this is where my van spent most of the winter, in the garage. But hey it runs, the six is a beast, and I hope to be adding action shots soon. Until then I'll enjoy the ones from you guys!

woggs1 Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:57 pm

shegel Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Dogpilot wrote: Just for fun, lets post some cool pics the community has done this winter. I'll start. Besides, I'm tired of droning on about the Throttle Switch or other such droll stuff. The vans are more fun when they work. Pic of Syncro in Mojave Storm:

right click. set as desktop background...awesome picture

jakebayless Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:56 pm

I don't have any good winter pics - so I have to cheat and throw in a Fall camping pic:

targis58 Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:10 am

jake! which lake is this? can you camp by the lake like that?

aswah Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:07 am

well, not anywhere near as beautiful as the those already posted... but damn, for some crazy reason, I moved East away from the NW... what the hell was I thinking?

ASWAH

hasavan Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 am

I have already posted this photo on another thread, so excuse me for repeating myself.

I have new carpets ready for installation, new wood flooring, new horn, new "T" molding to replace that which has puckered and warped, replacement drivers side taillight, newly re upholstered bed, rear seat and arm rest, drivers and passengers seat with new foam and seat covers, New Westfalia stickers, new speakers and all the curtains have been removed and cleaned.

Mechanically, she is raring to go and needs nothing but a freshly charged battery, and an open road. Now all I need is warm temperature s and I will try to get it all back together again. I await spring with great anticipation..........

fyrgrrl Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Damn, Dog-Pilot.....are you sure you're not the reincarnation of Ansel Adams?

Beautiful picture....it's now my wallpaper at work....it pushed off my drab brown 1985 Vanagon pic.

That's what we need more of....arty pics of Vanagons....I see them as beastly beautiful.....and your pic epitomizes what I see in a Vanagon.

WOOF!

Heather

OilNBolts Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Our "new" '88, Hildigard, or just "Hildi". A cup a day of water was leaking from the heads of the '89 at this point, so we were enjoying this trusty old gal..

McVanagon Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:35 am

crukab Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:56 am

Bubs Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:37 am

This is the only pic I have for "cool" winter shots. She's off the road 'til the salt goes away.

woggs1 Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:34 am

Took a day trip to Yosemite last weekend, it was about 70 degrees Fahrenheit that day, the snow was melting everywhere.

Raggamuffin Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Our big "snowstorm" here in GA...