TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: What did you do for your Bay recently? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 361, 362, 363  Next
One Owner Sun May 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Lots of little things today:

Painted the tow hitch:


Added a cargo basket:


Painted the tire mount now its Invisible-ish:



New gasket for the pop top



Installed bamboo trays


Changed all pulls from the hideous yellow to black:



Put in shelf paper:


Not a bad day

Ray

EMPIFLAKE Sun May 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Nice work where did you get your gaskets for your pop top?? Ive got a Riviera also and need all of them!

curtis4085 Sun May 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Well lately I have done a lot to my bus. 8 months of my life documented in the thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479199

And it all payed off.

Best in show and best in my class at the VW on the Green in Golden, CO


Bruskyvw Sun May 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi-lo's Social II in Bremerton had about 36 vw's there it was extremely cool!

cdennisg Sun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm

curtis4085 wrote: Well lately I have done a lot to my bus. 8 months of my life documented in the thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479199

And it all payed off.

Best in show and best in my class at the VW on the Green in Golden, CO



=D> Well done. The bus looks great!

One Owner Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 pm

EMPIFLAKE wrote: Nice work where did you get your gaskets for your pop top?? Ive got a Riviera also and need all of them!

Thanks its the Westy kit, works great

Ray

Stuartzickefoose Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 pm

cdennisg wrote: curtis4085 wrote: Well lately I have done a lot to my bus. 8 months of my life documented in the thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479199

And it all payed off.

Best in show and best in my class at the VW on the Green in Golden, CO



=D> Well done. The bus looks great!

like i said before ...hot vws needs a new centerfold....;)

Bruskyvw Sun May 20, 2012 10:47 pm

picture from Hi-Lo's ~35 cars total

Stuartzickefoose Sun May 20, 2012 10:51 pm

put 200 miles on maisy, and met theizzardking finally...great way to end the day...cruisin home in the buses...8)

Maisy and Wanda



RatCamper Mon May 21, 2012 3:10 am

Today I followed one last lead to getting brake hoses locally. It ended at the same place which I got to make a custom section of brake line for it. If I bring them the originals they can use them as a template to manufacture new ones at $38 per corner. honestly I don't know if that's good or not.

My other automotive news was more depressing and Ford related. My least favourite letters are N, L and A in that order. Then the indicator relay buried deep behind the dash failed in rush hour traffic. :cry:

cdennisg Mon May 21, 2012 8:30 am

RatCamper wrote: Today I followed one last lead to getting brake hoses locally. It ended at the same place which I got to make a custom section of brake line for it. If I bring them the originals they can use them as a template to manufacture new ones at $38 per corner. honestly I don't know if that's good or not.


http://www2.cip1.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1185

Here's some prices from the US. Don't these guys deliver to your side of the pond?

RatCamper Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

cdennisg wrote: RatCamper wrote: Today I followed one last lead to getting brake hoses locally. It ended at the same place which I got to make a custom section of brake line for it. If I bring them the originals they can use them as a template to manufacture new ones at $38 per corner. honestly I don't know if that's good or not.


http://www2.cip1.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1185

Here's some prices from the US. Don't these guys deliver to your side of the pond?

Haven't tried them yet. Everyone else I get all excited about the rock bottom prices especially when I see they post to here, then discover that for one reason or another postage is between $50-$100 and well you can imagine what i say to that. It's why I had that bit of brake line custom made, and why I didn't buy the Rhino shift coupler. I should say the urethane one I got instead from aircooled.net is a nice coupler. I didn't get the brake line from them though because even though it was only a really small piece, the price shoots up on packaging really fast. I'm just assuming some U.S. commercial export tax. So not dissing aircooled at all. Gotten some desperately needed small items from them in a couple of orders including carb jets.

justcruzin Mon May 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Decided to check the clutch cable. Wasn't sure how old it was and I wasn't happy with how it was working. By the looks of things it was a good thing I decided to do this now!!


RatCamper Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 am

Been too busy, but something arrived.



like last time, today more Ford fun. Both front wheels' brakes decided to hit metal on metal. Bought a set of pads to fit on Thursday. Eats front pads like popcorn.

La.2Ak. Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 am

I Ordered an EZ up Awning from Bus Depot and a tent that is supposed to fit the back area from Amazon.com. I'll see how they work on June 8th when I get home . Super excited about using the bus for a whole 3 weeks .

One Owner Wed May 23, 2012 8:30 am

Since I am heading to Indy this weekend for the 500 and will be camping in the bus (with electricity) I added AC to my hotel suite



Ray

minispdrcr Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 am

Changed plugs to make it run like a champ

RatCamper Wed May 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Went for a wander at the wreckers. Only went there for a relay. Got a couple of other bits from a wrecked Toyota poptop.



An ancient K-Mart 12v fan and what I believe is a radio housing. It was bolted to the top of the dash with a couple of grade 10 bolts. Also grabbed the push / pull switch for the fan.

interesting to note the fan was mounted to a crossmember on the ceiling just behind the passenger seat.

I liked the pop top. Full length one.

photo courtesy of my "new" phone. A low-ish end pre-paid smartphone with a relatively unpopular network that had been on the shelf a couple of years which I purchased yesterday 20% off. I'm such a high roller :lol: My current phone was made in '06 and is getting a bit cranky at times. Besides I wanted one I could connect to my netbook and use for internet access on the road. As in, in the bay. Plus because it's Android and seems to support USB debugging I can use it as a test platform for Android apps. My plan for ages has been to use my bay as a mobile office of sorts where I can do software development. One step at a time.

vw76westy Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 am

curtis4085 wrote: Well lately I have done a lot to my bus. 8 months of my life documented in the thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479199

And it all payed off.

Best in show and best in my class at the VW on the Green in Golden, CO



for a "bay window" to win " best in show"

is something to really be proud of..........

it makes a statment of just how well done the
the paint & restoration is

because bays never get any respect at the vw car show

notchboy Fri May 25, 2012 10:07 am

vw76westy wrote:
for a "bay window" to win " best in show"

is something to really be proud of..........

it makes a statment of just how well done the
the paint & restoration is

because bays never get any respect at the vw car show


I was thinking the same. Ive posted back and forth with Ivan-Editor of VolksWorld on other stories and I brought curtis up to him. Ive yet to hear back so we may need to get some better shots and a story to pass along curtis. He tends to like a complete package to put in the mag. But it seems this is a well deserved placement in VW or Camper mags. :wink:

If you plan on having it at say the VW Classic in Cali I know for sure Kiki-one of the mags photographers and or Ivan or a couple of staffers are usualy there. Then they may take the time to ask you to pull it aside and have a shoot. Food for thought.

On another note- today I let my bus go out for a photo shoot. A girl named Dana posed here awile back asking for a bus to shoot. She found me at the Spring meet here while I was hanging out with Stuart. She like the old 77 and asked if she could use it. Today she was able to meet up with me and I let her borrow it for some North Bend shots.

Ill post some promised pics when I get them-should be neat as its an all out affair with models and all. Sorry Ive already heard its a bunch of dudes-no chicas :cry:

Back in 08 he took the time to do a shoot for Rob Kingsburrys freshly restored 64 Sunroof notchback as well as a group shot of our club. Good times.





Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group