TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New Guy in West Texas Page: 1, 2  Next
mbourland Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Ive been a member for a few weeks and finally got a car that I can mess with so here it goes. I got a nice 67 and just ordered new spindles, ball joints, adjusters, TREs and shims so as soon as it all comes in Ill get some pics.
Im actually in Lubbock, Texas and a few of us here are tryin to start some kinda scene here so well post up as much as possible
Thanks

Behemoth Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 am

Cool.

piemat Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Welcome... hope to see your bug around town. Too many late models here!

sharpstick Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Greetings from your neighbor to the north. We have a small local VW club here.

TallCity Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:21 pm

greetings from Midland. your neighbor from the south.

&Dan Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Welcome from way in heck south and west.

redbug74 Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:54 am

Welcome from your neighbor at the farthest point in west in Texas you can possibly be.... El Paso Tx.

mbourland Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:37 pm

sweet, :D

Pennywise Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:12 pm

redbug74 wrote: Welcome from your neighbor at the farthest point in west in Texas you can possibly be.... El Paso Tx. Uh, there are plenty further west than El Paso.

sharpstick Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Big hello from Amarillo!

billzer06 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 pm

I know I'm way late on this wagon, but I have been asked a few times on the street if there is a Lubbock VW club, and always get some remark "we should start one"

Hell, let's do it! Anyone in Lubbock or have friends in lubbock? shoot me a PM. We should all meet up somewhere in our VWs once a month or so, just hang out and share stories!

jmsmilin Sat May 01, 2010 6:58 am

I was in San Angelo, you can find dry VWs out your way for sure

Zupancic Tue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Me and my '73 live in Lubbock as well. The bug is currently at the body shop but I would love to hear about any VW meetings in the area.

firebug Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Let's take some action folks! I moved to Lubbock from Austin, where I was a member of the Austin Air Coolers VW Gang. The Air Coolers have spawned chapters all over the place, so why not here. It's a very easy format to follow. You folks can check it out at aircoolers.org. Having a local VW community helps a lot. I have given away many good parts in my day, and I have been helped out on parts in my times of need. I'd love to have something like that here in the lubbock area. Meetings usualy start at a park or public parking lot where people talk VWs and otherwise, then the "tour de force" drive with all VWs in line headed to a place where we can have some food and drinks. Let me know if anyone is interested. It's lots of fun.

Madtat Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 am

Welllllllllcome from Hell Paso TX! :twisted:

bbraden3 Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14 am

Well I go to Tech but I'm currently at a summer job in Midland. Do ya'll know of anybody that can build me a stock 1600 for a buggy?

rcs_80 Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Im currently in Lubbock for a few days. Any VW parts shops in the area?

pitbug Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 am

jmsmilin wrote: I was in San Angelo, you can find dry VWs out your way for sure
We now have a small club and growing in San Angelo.. "Angelo Air Suckers" 8)

ghiaghia67 Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm with you in having a VW club in Lubbock Tx. We had one years back but it seemed like it turned into more of a " happy hour" than a VW fest. I think it would be great to meet once a month to swap stories, advice, and projects from a true VW enthusiast to another. I own a 67 Ghia had it for 23 years and it has only been on the road one years sence I have owned it. It is finally in the body shop. I also just picked up to bugs last year 65 and a 72. I am driving the 65 right now. Email me at [email protected] John

redbug74 Wed May 23, 2012 10:54 am

Pennywise wrote: redbug74 wrote: Welcome from your neighbor at the farthest point in west in Texas you can possibly be.... El Paso Tx. Uh, there are plenty further west than El Paso.

Look at a Map. The furthest point west IN TEXAS is El Paso. Anything furhter west is NOT in Texas.