TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My new Ghia.....
kellydogg Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Well, after a bunch of bum leads and over priced P.O.S's I've finally got my self a aircooled!!! I really wanted a bug, but I couldn't turn this one down....60 Euro spec Ghia. It looks rough, but it's solid as a rock, the worst rust is on the outter rockers. I haven't peeled any of the PO's stickers or anything off it yet, but I'll personalize it my own way. I added the rabbit ears from my 70's lowrider, I couldn't resist :wink:

Plans are to get rid of those wide ass slotted rims and get some smoothies powder coated black. Then probably take a few more inches out of the front end this winter while she's in hibernation. I'll make it my own, but there's no real plans to do any body work...it just looks tough as hell as is!!!!

Those "VW" side pockets sold me

[/i]

63jesse Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:49 pm

digging the interior man,

nice ride

mustard_madman Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Looks nice.... but those rabbit ears... are well...... $3 bill.

bugpowered Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:53 am

I really like that steering wheel do you know what I came out of? Hook that thing up and roll it...nice.

Nectar_F Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:01 am

bugpowered wrote: I really like that steering wheel do you know what I came out of? Hook that thing up and roll it...nice.

Thats a VDM steering wheel.......

BTW, good luck with the Ghia... :D

zombie Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:14 am

That car is bad ass. Definitely keep the rabbit ears!

HerrrKafer Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:12 am

dayuuum I love that car. Saw it up on craigslist and wanted it soo bad but unfortunately I'm out of the country. :evil: :evil: You got lucky! :lol: Good luck with it, hope it stays on its nuts