TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: NorCal Pick 'n' Pull Update..
KeninMorganHill Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:15 am

Gang.

At the Pick 'n' Pull off Monterey in S. San Jose...

1 '80-'82 Air Cooled Vanagon.

Engine still VERY intact, Interior VERY intact minus sliding door panel and exterior door handle. Awesome front bumper, Awesome Grill, Seats all clean. Chocolate Brown Interior. No body damage.

It's your basic plain-jane Vanagon, but it look's like they just put it out there, either yesterday or maybe the day before.

"Go get 'em!"

- Ken (in Morgan Hill, CA)

KeninMorganHill Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Gang.

At the Pick 'A' Part off Montague and the 880 in S. San Jose...

1 '93 Eurovan

Engine still VERY intact, Interior VERY intact minus sliding door and exterior door handle. Front clip looked to be taken off, but engine was still very intact. Grey Front / Rear and Jump Seats all clean. Grey Interior. Wheels were simple Black Steel Wheels w/ no hubcaps. Fold Away Table still intact as well.

It looked to be a Weekend Eurovan. It look's like they just put it out there a couple' days ago.

"Go get 'em!"

- Ken (in Morgan Hill, CA)

ohlott Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Hey if any of you guys are in the yard and see some brown window cranks. I would love to get them from you. I will pay you for them and your time.
I need 2. I have a 83.5 yellow van and looking to get everything right.

thanks

KeninMorganHill Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 pm

O....

I'll pick 'em off that Aircooled one, tomorrow.

- Ken (in Morgan Hill)

beagling Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 am

Ohlott

What brand awning is that ? Looks nice on your van.

redtail Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:55 am

Trans-Awn 2000? I just picked one of those up.

ohlott Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:58 am

It is a a&e catalina. not sure of the model number Pretty old. Some guy that was working on my house in big bear took off in the middle of the job. He left the awing and a bunch of other stuff away it sat on the side of my house for about a year then I purchased a van. so...score nice awaing. its a monster.

ohlott Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks Ken. Let me know if you get them.

KeninMorganHill Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:46 pm

No luck.. "They were Black."

Sorry.

- K

ohlott Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Hey thanks fro trying.

stevey88 Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:05 pm

ohlott wrote: Hey thanks fro trying.
There is an 86 Savanna Beige GL at Fremont Pick N Pull and the window crank is still there. I believe it is brown color as the interior is light brown. I thought Ken is getting you one so I did not "pull" them yesterday. There is only 2 vanagon at Fremont, the other one is an 89 with gray interior.

KeninMorganHill Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Hey Steve..

How much is left of the Grey one? I wonder if that's the one that was there last time I was there. Seems like it was pretty vulture-ized last time I was there.

- Ken

stevey88 Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:34 pm

KeninMorganHill wrote: Hey Steve..

How much is left of the Grey one? I wonder if that's the one that was there last time I was there. Seems like it was pretty vulture-ized last time I was there.

- Ken

Ken,

This one is in blue with gray interior. no usable glass. Front doors are gone. Rear hatch is gone. Engine and auto transmission are till there. Middle seat, rear bench seat and front passenger seats are still there. Dash is gone, front floor carpet is gone. Radiator is still there but not sure about the fan motor. The springs are gone ( They are in my garage now ). Power steering rack and pump are still there. AC pump is still there.

From the time of your last post, the Westfalia and another blue Carat or Wolfsberg ( with jump seats ) are no longer there ( crushed ? )

Steve

Jamos Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:57 pm

Hey guys,
just thought I'd chime in on this too...

I just recently got an '86 wolfsberg weekender, and hit up a pick n' pull for the first time in years.

Went to the Oakland pick n' pull near the colesium yesterday...and not even one vanagon shell in the yard.

:(

I'm looking for some brown interior bits for my van also...like a couple window cranks, a passenger pillar grab handle, base & screws, and a E-brake rubber boot. Also would love to score a pair of power mirrors.

Anyway, might hit up the Richmond yard tomorrow or next week.