TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: At&T Wireless Emergency Road Service
kevinbassplayer Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:35 am

Just got my latest At&t wireless bill and found this amusing.. They are now offering emergency road service for $3.00 a month added to your bill (before you get too excited they don't cover vans, only give you $50 per tow, max 4 a year and where the hell can even a Yugo get towed to for $50, but I digress...) the funny part is they have a picture of a young "hippy" looking guy in the ad for it sitting dejected in front of a sweet split window bus with a sign in the window that says "need help". There is a female in the pax seat staring out the window with a look of "wow this sucks". I tried finding the picture on the web to post it but now luck, just thought it was funny, anyone else see it?...

r39o Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:25 pm

kevinbassplayer wrote: ...found this amusing... They are now offering emergency road service they don't cover vans, the ad for it...split window bus..., just thought it was funny
I think it is false advertising.

McVanagon Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:48 pm

r39o wrote: kevinbassplayer wrote: ...found this amusing... They are now offering emergency road service they don't cover vans, the ad for it...split window bus..., just thought it was funny
I think it is false advertising.
Good point. I would call, just to screw with them. :twisted:

amishman Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:08 pm

I really want to see that picture. Sounds all so true. Sitting, waiting, all hot and bothered wanting to get back on the road. Breaking down sucks!

tj

79SuperVert Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:36 pm

AAA is my best friend when I'm in the Beetle. :D

amishman Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:40 pm

79SuperVert wrote: AAA is my best friend when I'm in the Beetle. :D

I think I have used AAA or at least being towed by someone, 2 times. Nice to have 100 mile AAA coverage.

tj

r39o Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:37 pm

When asked what to take along on a Vanagon trip, I answer "AAA card."

DBibeau Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:05 am

r39o wrote: When asked what to take along on a Vanagon trip, I answer "AAA card."

And make sure it's the gold one! the first time my van broke down was 50 miles from nowhere and i eneded up with a hefty towing bill even though I had AAA... now I have AAA gold :)