TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VWs in Movies / Films / TV / etc. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 118, 119, 120  Next
pitbug Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 am

Did anyone watch the tv show "How I met your Mother" on Monday? Marshall was having a flash back to the 70's tailgating with his father, and WOW a BUS & a BUG...

anikabundschuh Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:49 pm

not sure if someone already mentioned these but Lords of Dogtown has quite a few VW vans, as well as Almost Famous and I think Dazed and Confused has a scene or two with one. Always makes me appreciate the movie more :lol:

VWAdam Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Little Baja action in this old Unsolved Mysteries segment.

vertdrvr50 Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Saw a later model Van in "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" yesterday.

90volts Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:44 am

Kubel and assorted others in "The longest Day". Watching it now.

Unclesalty Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Was watching the "Fantastic Mr. Fox" and toward the end of the movie there is a clay bug in the workshop.

Trailjunky Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:06 pm

stixitinya wrote: And an oval window on the DVD cover of 'The Happening'

Here's a pic:

tikitime Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 pm

two tone beige bug on Leno tonite.

VOLKSWAGNUT Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 am

Maximum Overdrive.

bdub74 wrote: I looked back through the thread but didn't find Maximum Overdrive! There was a black bus with ac/dc painted on it in the drawbridge scene!

Yes there was.. "Far out man"

And a 67 Beetle during one of the bicycle scenes.

AntsWagen Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:18 pm

A few mintues into last night episode. A blue pre-67 vert with a tan top rolling on chrome Empi style 5-spokes cruises through Nevada City, California.

j8bug Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Anyone see the sweet ragtop on PUNK'd.. It was at the end of the Justin Bieber/Miley Cirus punk in the parking lot. It was sweet!!!! Oh, I forgot, you guys are to square on Samba to be watching shit like that...

Trailjunky Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:22 pm

WagenCanTo wrote: A few mintues into last night episode. A blue pre-67 vert with a tan top rolling on chrome Empi style 5-spokes cruises through Nevada City, California.

Does this count?

ricekooker Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Caught a bus in the Dark Shadows trailer. @00:43

AntsWagen Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Trailjunky wrote: WagenCanTo wrote: A few mintues into last night episode. A blue pre-67 vert with a tan top rolling on chrome Empi style 5-spokes cruises through Nevada City, California.

Does this count?

That would be the one. Don't verts looks great with the roof up?

Fish Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 pm

:oops: Mr Bean's Holiday has a very colorful baywindow with what may be a Freedom camper top.

Trailjunky Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Fish wrote: :oops: Mr Bean's Holiday has a very colorful baywindow with what may be a Freedom camper top.

No worries. Mr. Bean is a staple in my house. The movies, show and cartoon. Kids love 'em...me too.

Ahwahnee Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Promo for a new show by Seinfeld, couple of peeks at an old Bug and Bus (likely someone can enlighten me as to just what they are):

Fish Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Ahwahnee wrote: Promo for a new show by Seinfeld, couple of peeks at an old Bug and Bus (likely someone can enlighten me as to just what they are):

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510324

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=519041

Montana74 Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:22 pm

this thread is a hoot to read! But I really do think it would be a MUCH shorter list if we tried to find a movie that did NOT have a VW in it!! I try to find one in every movie I watch! My lady still doesn't believe that there is a sweet oval window Beetle in "The 300".
Anyway, besides period peices, most every movie I see has a VW in it.

DAIZEE Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Did a search and this didn't turn up. Watched THE LOTUS EATERS about a female teacher from Montreal, Quebec taking a teaching job on a remote Island off B.C. She drove a 21 (?) window, split screen and slider front windows. Era that the movie portrayed was when the Beatles came to Vancouver. Nice bus, great shape.