TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VWs in Movies / Films / TV / etc. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 118, 119, 120  Next
vwinnovator Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:36 pm

There's a bus airing currently on National Geographic's American Genius.

Jobs vs. Gates episode

not sure how to post it, but I know who owns it :wink:

Dana Champion Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Movie " Scarecrow " 1973

Gene Hackman and Al Pacino hitch a ride in a early bay bus.

Peace man!

Dana Champion Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Astronaut Wives Club ABC

This show takes place in the sixties. This episode is 1968

A VW bus drives up to offer a ride to broken down travelers, (main show characters). Oh wait, it's a '79 bus! Aw, no one will know the diff..... right!....
The Samba knows..... " make love not war", in a bus ! 8)

Dana Champion Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 am

1974 - McQ

John Wayne

Corrupt cops, drugs - it's the seventies man!

Filmed in Washington State, summer of '73

A few Vdubs in this. Nice, non vw car chase on the Olympic peninsula beach at the end.

KTPhil Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:16 am

Dana Champion wrote: non vw car chase

This is redundant.

jwold Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Was watching "American Pickers" last night and they were going through the belongings of "Iron Eyes Cody" the Italian 'American Indian' that was in the anti-pollution commercials in the 60's-70's.
Anyway, they played on of those spots and in the bkg on the road one could clearly see a ghia driving past!
Never knew till researching this post that he wasn't a native American indian.
Go figure!

Patty B. Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:24 pm

KTPhil wrote: Dana Champion wrote: non vw car chase

This is redundant.

Ever notice bugs always get wrecked in old movie car chases?

Dana Champion Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:30 pm

KTPhil wrote: Dana Champion wrote: non vw car chase

This is redundant.

I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up! :lol:

JayO Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 pm

I hate to admit that I was watching the incredibly stupid Netflix series "Wet Hot American Summer" :oops: but I did spot this nice yellow convertible.
Not sure of the year.
The story is supposed to be set in 1981 and I tried to give it a chance, since there were a lot of big names in it, but it really is "incredibly stupid" (think "Meatballs 2" without Bill Murray).

This was about the high point of the series as far as I'm concerned.

- Jay

sportin-wood Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:44 pm

TLC runs a genealogy show called "Who Do You Think You Are?" where they feature famous people researching their family tree. This latest episode featured TV personality Tom Bergeron, and in the opening minutes shows him pulling out of his Portsmouth, New Hampshire home garage in this cool VW convertible. I thought it was pretty cool to see someone like him still drives a bug.

stale air Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:50 pm

^ ^ I just watched that episode last night.

I don't have a still pic, but saw Straight out of Compton and there is a scene where they are outside a music studio in Torrance, and there is an early bug parked across the street. 8)

smittykins Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:43 am

Just saw an orange Bay in a Kohl's commercial.

Mr. Motorhead Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:28 am

jwold wrote: Was watching "American Pickers" last night and they were going through the belongings of "Iron Eyes Cody" the Italian 'American Indian' that was in the anti-pollution commercials in the 60's-70's.
Anyway, they played on of those spots and in the bkg on the road one could clearly see a ghia driving past!
Never knew till researching this post that he wasn't a native American indian.
Go figure!

Iron Eyes was a family friend in the 60's/70's. Nice group of people, I always thought it what a great idea it was to extend his on screen role to real life. He would show up at events in So Cal and get into character by putting on his Indian getup and wig (he had short hair) What Picker episode was that On BTW?

KTPhil Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:51 am

From 1971 in the movie "$" with Warren Beatty and Goldie Hawn.
Shot in Germany in 1970, there are all sorts of cool cars, including a Bug and Ghia along with a Citroen, and a notch sighting, all in the first five minutes.

KTPhil Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Moonraker (Bond 007 film from 1979).

First I saw the Bus...

And then I noticed the Type 4! Wow, you almost NEVER see these, especially in films!

Low Bräu Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Not quite a type 4. Looks like a Brazilian market 1600 TL, fast back.

Mike Fisher Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Top picture looks like it has 4 chrome door handles.

Randall Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:49 pm

In a nutshell or even in a bowl of nuts if you want to go into detail, what technology is involved in transferring TV images to TheSamba? I bought my first digital TV a few months ago and the only thing I have hooked up to it is a coax cable that goes to the roof antenna. :oops:

Zundfolge1432 Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:00 am

Randall wrote: In a nutshell or even in a bowl of nuts if you want to go into detail, what technology is involved in transferring TV images to TheSamba? I bought my first digital TV a few months ago and the only thing I have hooked up to it is a coax cable that goes to the roof antenna. :oops:

If you had satellite such as direct you can pause the image then take a photo with your iPhone.imagine having Netflix or being able to access YouTube then pause image snap a photo and post that image to samba gallery. Because of the high resolution available on smartphones you can get a decent image to transfer. Here's an example of a grainy 40 year old photo, a picture of a picture not perfect it was shot using 35mm camera about 1981

Zundfolge1432 Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:08 am

The tv you have is probably new enough to be connected to wireless router this is key to getting into YouTube and internet in general once you do that the possibilitiy are limited only by you imagination.