TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VWs in Movies / Films / TV / etc. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
TDCTDI Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:47 pm

Not a VW but a white Porsche 356 coupe in "Transformers" is under the carport by the pool as the FBI raids the hackers house.

HotRod06 Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Anybody see the Beetle on What's My Car Worth?
It aired on July 7, 2016
Any thoughts on the modifications?

KTPhil Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:46 pm

HotRod06 wrote: Anybody see the Beetle on What's My Car Worth?
It aired on July 7, 2016
Any thoughts on the modifications?

Nice custom car but no way were the VW Bug prices they showed on the graph correct!

Not sure I like the interior since it made it look like any other car, not a VW. Dash work was clean, though.

Not my cup of tea and not really for any collector... but maybe ideal for a buyer looking for that kind of thing. Seemed to be good quality but non-stock is always a gamble.

VOLKSWAGNUT Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:32 am

BJ and The Bear

Zootopia (1)

Vwish nod..

Hey silly Rabbit.. get off the damn fiberglass....

TDCTDI Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Exploding bug in XXX with Vin Diesel.

TDCTDI Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:50 am

An orange bay window westy in the final fight scene of Xmen apocalypse.

TDCTDI Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:53 pm

74ish beetle in "mr mcgoriams wonder emporium"

Bug-nut Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Sorry I don't have a picture yet, but there is a black painted later model beetle in the new Jason Bourne movie in the scene with his father.

Bug-nut Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Probably already mentioned, but there is a bay window Volkswagen van in the movie "Iron Eagle"

KTPhil Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Last night I saw a TV ad for a current model Passat, and as they are driving along PCH south of Point Mugu (like 50% of SoCal car ads), a late yellow Beetle convertible driven by Willie Nelson drives by, with his "On the Road Again" playing. Inexplicably, the Beetle has louvers in the frunk cover.

67ctbug Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:06 pm

I saw that the other night, and was gonna post it here. Well i forgot. :D
I wasn't expecting to see the beetle at the end. It was a nice surprise.

Da TOW'D Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:09 pm

The good Rock and Roll lifestyle Movie “ Almost Famous”

I'm not sure just what is in the front

want to go a to a party dude?

pyrOman Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:22 am

This bus...

... is VERY famous in the Strictly Vintage 2s crowd! 8)

VOLKSWAGNUT Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:11 am

For the record.. I AM NOT a country music fan... but do appreciate most kinds of music..

Spotted this while flipping channels looking for History Channel while on vacation..

Jake Owen 's
"American Country Love Song" Music Video..

Apparently he's riding around the USA . singing in a German Bus???? :lol:

Was this anybody's bus from the Samba? Possible owner at the beginning?

Hell.. here's the whole damn thing.. when you have 3 minutes to kill.......

slave1pilot Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:55 pm

he also had his tour bus painted (or Vinyl Wrapped) to look like this:

GeorgeL Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:04 pm

KTPhil wrote: Last night I saw a TV ad for a current model Passat, and as they are driving along PCH south of Point Mugu (like 50% of SoCal car ads), a late yellow Beetle convertible driven by Willie Nelson drives by, with his "On the Road Again" playing. Inexplicably, the Beetle has louvers in the frunk cover.

The location with the yellow facade at the beginning of the ad was the Halfway House Restaurant on Sierra Highway, between Canyon Country and Palmdale, CA.

I'm really surprised to see a classic bug in a VW ad. VWoA is generally not very proud of its history.

KTPhil Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Halfway House has been in SO many movies and ads! Cool looking location. Used to literally be halfway from LA to Palmdale, it's not hype. Alas, freeway bypasses have done in many a roadside business. CA-14 did in the Halfway House.

As to the appearance of a Bug, I guess VW is finally so desperate for goodwill they will even bow to the air-cooled gods and try this tactic.

TDCTDI Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:13 am

Shorty single cab in "Corvette summer" at around 12:45.

GeorgeL Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 am

KTPhil wrote: Halfway House has been in SO many movies and ads! Cool looking location. Used to literally be halfway form LA to Palmdale, it's not hype. Alas, freeway bypasses have done in many a roadside business. CA-14 did in the Halfway House.

Actually, the Halfway House is alive and well, doing a good business on the motorcycles and others who happen by while driving the canyon roads.

KTPhil Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:31 pm

GeorgeL wrote: KTPhil wrote: Halfway House has been in SO many movies and ads! Cool looking location. Used to literally be halfway form LA to Palmdale, it's not hype. Alas, freeway bypasses have done in many a roadside business. CA-14 did in the Halfway House.

Actually, the Halfway House is alive and well, doing a good business on the motorcycles and others who happen by while driving the canyon roads.

Yup! I meant that it used to be halfway. With the growth of L.A. and it's 'burbs like Santa Clarita, I don't think it's halfway anymore! I'll have to check google maps...