TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: I found a thing today (edit added pictures)
buck Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Well actually I've known about it for almost 10 years now, its just down the road from me and has been sitting in a pole barn for a long time. The old guy who owned it passed away and nobody lives there now. So I happened to be passing along on my bicycle as somebody was pulling up there, turns out it is the old guys grandson and yes the thing is still in there I am told. I wasn't allowed to check it out but am gonna get back with him sometime this week. All I remember about it was that it had a hardtop on it and was orange. He told me its got 60.000 miles on it which is pretty sweet. Never had a thing before so sort of stoked about it. :D

Well here it is in all its glory. ha.

Van-go108 Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Sounds cool. Post up some pix of what you found.

buck Fri May 09, 2008 10:46 am

back when indiana had good plates

mutineer Sat May 10, 2008 7:57 pm

cool

the plate on that car is from 1985 so it has been sitting a looooooong time

did you know you get get vintage plates from the BMV in Indiana now

you can get a historic plate and they will also issue an affidavit allowing you to use a plate from the year your car was manufactured

finding the plate will be a challege as repainted plates are not permitted

ConchThing Sun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Awesome find!!! Congrats! About the plates...if you go to any vintage car shows, you can usually find someone selling the plates. They do that here in FL, as well. Let us know how she runs. Probably has the original engine. The engine # will start with AM if so.