TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Sold My Thing
addh79 Mon May 05, 2008 3:40 am

I had put my thing on the local classified ads just to test the market. I put it for $16,000. No one really called me for weeks until this guy called who wanted to see it and after he saw it he offered 14K claiming the car needed a little work and puff the car is gone. I have not slept well since. I feel empty. While talking to this guy he showed me an album of all his VW's . He has one VW of each for each year and in each color! All of them he prepares and puts them in mint condition in a airplane hanger he owns. His final goal is to open a VW museum. He must have the nicest VW I have ever seen! So now I am 14K richer but sad inside. The only positive thing I have to go by is that he states that each VW he buys and puts in his museum will have a plaque with the name of the owner he bought it from!

[/img]

carterzest Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 am

:( Me thinks you should rebound and go ressurect another Thing....I was without one since 1997 and share your remorse, regret, and sadness......Go make someone elses day and buy theirs! Keep the dreams alive. :D
Yours must have been a sweetie, Huh?
carterzest