TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: usa to uk shipping???
dublov Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:19 pm

hi people, could you please give me some advice/help?

im looking at importing a splitty from the us to uk, have many quotes from usa companies averaging $2000.......i take it thats about right?

once in the uk i was wondering what duties, tax etc i will have to pay? (the bus is costing $8000)

also, what scams should i be aware of?

cheers 8)

Joval Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:54 am

17.5% on the total inc. shipping and £50 duty.

Watch out for all the hidden costs, loading, un-loading storage etc.

Try www.kingstown-shipping.co.uk - they will give you an 'all-in price' ;)

dublov Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 pm

cheers, :)

Joe75 Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:35 pm

i have done this a few times allow about 3000 pounds on top of your buying price in the usa to being road legal in the uk. this is for a split that is road legal in the USA.

p.s never use a company called inter global logistics out of Oakland, complete nightmare.....NEVER again!

Roadcow Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:49 pm

I agree on interglobal, terrible people skills. They had their tow truck driver sneak my 67 Mustang Fastback out of another shippers warehouse! The tow truck driver faked a call to me and told them I said it was OK to take the car 2 miles and charge me $150 when I was on my way down to drive it the 2 miles myself! Never do business with them again.

Joe75 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:49 am

its seems the more I ask about the more people who have had problems with interglobal.

At last I have my documents from them, they are only 3 months late but at least I did not have to fly to San Fran to get them!!