TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: San Diego Locals Meeting Page: 1, 2  Next
619bug Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Just wonderign if anybody here is part of the san diego locals. I know they meet in lemon grove and have been wanting to go check it out. just wasnt sure what kind of a crowd it was. i have never seen a baja there so i want sureif its just for street bugs or what

motorbreath53 Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 pm

I've only been to the cruise night in Escondido with my baja... and the offroad stuff is minimal... but it is there....

Lemon Grove... I was there about a year ago.. but not with a baja.... cool cruise night.... but same situation... not much for offroad toys... but it would be every bit as fun to invade with a group of baja's and manx buggies.....

Say when. If I can make it, i'd be in.

Course', I'm about a week away from being drivable again.

619bug Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:24 pm

seeing as next weekend is 4th of july im ready anytime after that

baja5 Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm in as soon as the car is up and running again.probably about 3 weeks.

cwrisley Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Same here, a few more weeks and I should be rollin'. Im down to go as well. What ever became of a possible SD Bajas club? No one willing to take the helm?

Lotrat Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:22 pm

I need front wheels and a rear bumper and I'm in. So close I can smell it.

baja5 Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:14 pm

cwrisley wrote: Same here, a few more weeks and I should be rollin'. Im down to go as well. What ever became of a possible SD Bajas club? No one willing to take the helm?

I have no problem organizing some meetings as long as people actually show up.I usually have pretty good turn outs with the desert trips.

619bug Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:05 pm

If someone can get a meeting orginized im there.

Thunderbug4U Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:46 pm

Sounds good to me!

cr250250r Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:04 pm

I'd go as long as I can bring a 4 month old

Terry Cloyd Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:44 pm

I think you all need to meet Saturday morning at Center City Cafe Escondido on Center City Parkway :?: Good food :wink:

Terry Cloyd Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:41 pm

So your not happy with that place :?: We could go here. It's in Escondido :lol:

http://www.stonebrew.com/visit/

619bug Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Anybody going to be at the locals meeting this friday? I am thinking about showing up in the baja.

CopperBaja Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Once I'm driveable again, I'm down.

Still on stilts in the front.... :(

cwrisley Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 pm

619bug wrote: Anybody going to be at the locals meeting this friday? I am thinking about showing up in the baja.

Im in. Where and what time friday? Baja wont be there.....this time!!

misrema Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:36 am

We're still meeting Friday nights about 8pm. By the Burger King, corner of El Cajon Blvd and College...

sxuxrxf Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:03 pm

baja5 wrote: cwrisley wrote: Same here, a few more weeks and I should be rollin'. Im down to go as well. What ever became of a possible SD Bajas club? No one willing to take the helm?

I have no problem organizing some meetings as long as people actually show up.I usually have pretty good turn outs with the desert trips.

I'm in Oceanside and would be up for a meet. Lotrat and I could follow each other and pick up whatever may fall off our cars on the way. 8)

sxuxrxf Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Not much of an off-road turn out, but the meet in Oceanside on Saturday nights on the 76/Frazee (I think) at the IN-N-OUT is ok. Good bunch of guys that just stand around for several hours talking VW's.

Lotrat Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:06 pm

sxuxrxf wrote: baja5 wrote: cwrisley wrote: Same here, a few more weeks and I should be rollin'. Im down to go as well. What ever became of a possible SD Bajas club? No one willing to take the helm?

I'm in Oceanside and would be up for a meet. Lotrat and I could follow each other and pick up whatever may fall off our cars on the way. 8)

We tried meeting up in North County back in 2008. The first turn out was pretty good. After that, it was just my baja. I can stay home and look at my baja. I'm gonna tell you now that it's not worth looking at.

Lotrat Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 pm

sxuxrxf wrote: Not much of an off-road turn out, but the meet in Oceanside on Saturday nights on the 76/Frazee (I think) at the IN-N-OUT is ok. Good bunch of guys that just stand around for several hours talking VW's.

With VW's present? I may have to go one of these weekends.