TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Best source for a muffler?
albiwan Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Noticed a couple holes back there. Cat is new and the rest of the exhaust is in good shape so I'm thinking a new muffler is all I need. Priced them and looked around; Bus Depot has one for about $110 which they say might need a shim but is otherwise a good product; Van-Cafe and gowesty both sell a Danish made muffler for closer to $200. What are the differences?

mccabe Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:42 pm

I purchased one from go westy two years ago and the van is already in need of a new one, If I had it to do all over again I would (and will go) with a stainless muffler, there are several available out there, all more than $200.00 but less than $200.00 every two years.

ftp2leta Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:48 pm

albiwan wrote: Noticed a couple holes back there. Cat is new and the rest of the exhaust is in good shape so I'm thinking a new muffler is all I need. Priced them and looked around; Bus Depot has one for about $110 which they say might need a shim but is otherwise a good product; Van-Cafe and gowesty both sell a Danish made muffler for closer to $200. What are the differences?

Why don't buy the best and have it for many years.... "Ernst"

Brosal are also pretty good.

Ben