TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Daily drivers? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Pez Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:35 am

callahan wrote: my '65 mobbin hard err day rain or shine

Huh.. I seem to remember seeing your ride over at the Yearone show in Braselton and I guess thats where this picture was taken? Cool ride though but wish you where around it the early days of yearone when I was showing mine there. Jesus the harassment sucked, would of been nice to have another VW there! Could care less now, seems PT crusiers have taken over the show...

[email protected] Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:48 pm

jays58s wrote: [email protected] wrote:

my current daily driver.
I change up about every six months.

this one is getting 300 miles per week

That is bad ass!

thanks! :D

I made some rear control arms from scratch and made it IRS to get it low without the negative camber. It rides well, like drop spindles in the rear

callahan Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Pez wrote: callahan wrote: my '65 mobbin hard err day rain or shine

Huh.. I seem to remember seeing your ride over at the Yearone show in Braselton and I guess thats where this picture was taken? Cool ride though but wish you where around it the early days of yearone when I was showing mine there. Jesus the harassment sucked, would of been nice to have another VW there! Could care less now, seems PT crusiers have taken over the show...

nope wasn't me that picture was taken at the most recent caffiene and octane cruise in at the avenues in cobb
i've never been to any of the yearone stuff

Thanatos Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Daily-driven, and I'm proud to do so! :D

Pez Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:32 pm

callahan wrote: Pez wrote: callahan wrote: my '65 mobbin hard err day rain or shine

nope wasn't me that picture was taken at the most recent caffiene and octane cruise in at the avenues in cobb
i've never been to any of the yearone stuff

Well you got a twin over here, bottle caps and everything.

KaferBus Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I switch off between my 3 dubs though out the week.

Here is my 65' Bus at Work!

My 57' Bug

....and my 69' bug!

HarleyQuinn Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm

My 64 daily driver... I love him. :)

beetlejooz Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Sweet ride Harley - red too like my "Ruby" - great to see yours has a name also !

iVolkswagen Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

HarleyQuinn wrote: My 64 daily driver... I love him. :)

WOW.... beautiful!!

silvertonguedevil Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 pm

My daily '64 up until recently....I had to sell it. :cry:

oldschool64bus Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:03 am

raised the box now shes back to daily status

LeviMan2001 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 am

oldschool64bus wrote: raised the box now shes back to daily status

Yeah that thing's got something on some 4x4s now :lol:

oldschool64bus Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am

need to get a stock muffler sometime soon, that damn 4 tip is obnoxious, plus it will be in the way if I lower the back a bit more like I want.

PressureProjex Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote: My daily '64 up until recently....I had to sell it. :cry:

How much is your beam narrowed? Looks perfect

And are those 145/65s?

silvertonguedevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

PressureProjex wrote: silvertonguedevil wrote: My daily '64 up until recently....I had to sell it. :cry:

How much is your beam narrowed? Looks perfect

And are those 145/65s?
Hey thanks! The front beam was narrowed 4". And I can't remember for the life of me what size the tires were. And I do tires for a living. That's pathetic! :lol:

perg08 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Lucky you can have a lowered as a DD you do that here and in the corner you don't have floor pans any more

And the Things :shock: that's Awesome! I would love to drive one of those daily

Ok here is my first and only car and my DD '77 1600

In front of my house

HarleyQuinn Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked about it. This being my first VW, I'm learning a lot as I go along. I am so thankful for this forum and the people on it!

beetlejooz wrote: Sweet ride Harley - red too like my "Ruby" - great to see yours has a name also !
iVolkswagen wrote: HarleyQuinn wrote: My 64 daily driver... I love him. :)

WOW.... beautiful!!

oldschool64bus Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:02 am

Dexter looks pretty damn clean, any pics of you and him? :twisted:

77VWBusDude Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:14 am

Do work!

It's my back-up. Sees some serious duty when needed though, lol

HarleyQuinn Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Like his namesake, he is decieving. He looks all spiffy and put together on the outside but he is shot to hell inside. Weill, not shot to hell but he needs a headliner and some dash trim.
I have a pic of me taking him out for the first time in the snow. Not a great shot but a shot none the less. :) I'm usually behind the lens so I don't have too many of myself.

(I'm slowly buying stuff to do the insides when it gets warm.)

Dangerously Driving Dexter by Peekature Studios, on Flickr
oldschool64bus wrote: Dexter looks pretty damn clean, any pics of you and him? :twisted: