TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Syncro Millage/Power on an EJ25 (Subaru 2.5L) ?
odell Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:30 am

So,

I assuming some of you out there have Sycros with the EJ25 conversion and I was wondering what kind of millage and performance you were getting out of them?

Just so I can relate performance wise if anybody has any experience driving them on hwy2 or I-90 in WA state or I-80/I-84 out of SLC;

You're in 3rd gear I'm assuming but can you keep up with traffic? i.e. 65-70

If anyone has ever done any towing with the same setup I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

ftp2leta Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 pm

odell wrote: So,

I assuming some of you out there have Sycros with the EJ25 conversion and I was wondering what kind of millage and performance you were getting out of them?

Just so I can relate performance wise if anybody has any experience driving them on hwy2 or I-90 in WA state or I-80/I-84 out of SLC;

You're in 3rd gear I'm assuming but can you keep up with traffic? i.e. 65-70

If anyone has ever done any towing with the same setup I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

Not sure i fully understand your question but in average, the EJ25 will give you the same or better MPG. Syncro or not. A good 2.1L VW boxer as about 90 hp (in general they have about 70 left...), a EJ25 as around 165-176. My best ever millage was 26mpg, average is 21-22.

You can do more than keep up with traffic, believe me.

Ben