TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Looking for a project (Carat, DCAB, DOKA, SCAB...)
ftp2leta Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 am

Hey, i'm looking for winter project, i'm converting a DCAB right now and it got me all excited about doing a crazy one. A nice late carat would also be interesting. I don't care about the mechanic side of it, it will have an WRX or STI engine with a modified trany. What i care about is deep rust, i don't want that at all, i had enough of it. I can live with light rust or dents. I'm posting here because i will post that project here and i'm sure some of you may have seen a good deal somewhere. Something in between 3 to 4 k$

An north eastern van would be better for transport.

So if you see something interesting....

If this post is not appropriate here just tell me where to post.

Thanks, Benny

mightyart Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:16 am

ftp2leta wrote: If this post is not appropriate here just tell me where to post.

Nothing wrong with your ad, just in the wrong place.
Place a wanted ad in the classifieds, it's free, and it's where all the buying and selling goes on.
Rules for posting can be found here.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

ftp2leta Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 am

mightyart wrote: ftp2leta wrote: If this post is not appropriate here just tell me where to post.

Nothing wrong with your ad, just in the wrong place.
Place a wanted ad in the classifieds, it's free, and it's where all the buying and selling goes on.
Rules for posting can be found here.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

Sorry for that, your right! I was asleep this morning :-)
I should know better...

Please delete this post.

Ben

Perales Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 am

ftp2leta wrote:

Please delete this post.

Ben

No, Please don't delete this thread, This sounds like the beginning of a long process that will interest lots of us here. All technical rebuild projects start with the "looking for the right vehicle" and then quickly progresses to the meat of the issue. It will be cool to be able to follow this rebuild from the very beginning. I see this as less of an ad and more of an introduction to a long term project.

mightyart Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 am

Perales wrote: I see this as less of an ad and more of an introduction to a long term project.

Optimistic is good, but it isn't that big of deal.
He can start a new thread when he finds his new project.
No worries.
It's short now, easy to delete, and it's going down.