TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: interesting ebay find...
Tristar Eric Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:28 pm

Anyone seen this one yet? It's a euro model. Check out what suspension it has! H&R sports and a set of Koni's!

I think that's a Magnum interior...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vana...06.c0.m245

allsierra123 Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 pm

If I were closer I would buy it now. But its to far from me.

16CVs Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 am

Can you say Vic Ahmad ,Or Vanamania. look in the background at the other Vanagons and the building.
The only thing going for it is the guy has 100 % feedback. it may not be Vic's but I bet a real close fiend ,yes fiend.

Stacy

meyervw Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:53 am

$2500 for a trash Vanagon. That thing looks bad. And was repainted.

Gauche1968 Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:18 am

I think those are Weitec springs not H&R's. :?:

foodeater Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:19 am

I'm thinking its an illegal import with swapped VINs. It seems like its more interesting (and valuable) as parts than as a whole van.

levi Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Since I'm in Vegas now, I'd be very tempted to go and check this out. Very curious. EXCEPT, I just lost the use of my clutch this morning. :!: Damn pedal goes to the floor pretty easily. Brake fluid is still full, and both master and slave were recently replaced..... so I'm about to start searching. :evil:

RCB Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:06 pm

OK everyone, Just hold on. Seller will not....repeat... NOT accept Green Stamps in lieu of cash for this van. I even tried to sweeten the deal with my colllection of Raliegh cigarette coupons but to no avail :evil:

?Waldo? Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:43 pm

levi wrote: Since I'm in Vegas now, I'd be very tempted to go and check this out. Very curious. EXCEPT, I just lost the use of my clutch this morning. :!: Damn pedal goes to the floor pretty easily. Brake fluid is still full, and both master and slave were recently replaced..... so I'm about to start searching. :evil:

Check to see if the lever on the trans is moving the appropriate distance, if it is, then pulling the trans is in order. If it isn't, and the slave isn't leaking, then it's the clutch master.

Andrew