TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: replaced my fuel lines last week.. injector question
Antron Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm

So when my van wouldn't start after the rain last week the samba advice was to clean my grounds which did the trick. While I was in the engine compartment I also did the fuel lines with the proper lines and clamps.

My question is what really holds the injectors into the motor ? I know there is a small bolt that holds the plate with the two holes that hold the big end of the injector then some large rubber doughnuts.... the injectors dont really seem tight enough. And the van ran terrible when one of the injectors was pulled out a small bit.

Thanks
Bob
87 syncro westfakia "Gretchen"

mysticalclimber Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I just did that same job and thought the fit was fairly tight.

[email protected] Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:41 pm

that plate is the only thing that holds them in. If it feels loose and you can acutually move the injector in/out a little I would say the the large rubber rings are shot and the Orings on the injector ends are past thier prime as well.

Both are cheap and easy to replace, just be gentle withe the injectors as not to bang the nozzles on them when you take them out ot replace the rubbers.

Antron Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:35 pm

so the plate pushes the large rubber doughnut which pushes the injector and oring into the intake ? if so my large rubber ring is too loose to do the job.

Thanks guys !

Bob

Perales Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:36 am

This is what you need.
http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/smartlist_981/fuel_injector_seals.html