TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1954 Aussie RHD Oval & 1965 Type 34
Bax Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:56 pm

The '54 is originally from Brisbane, Australia. We brought it over 2 years ago to CA. The '65 Type 34 is my new daily driver.

Jessica Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:59 pm

Ok...you have to have the [img] in the beginning and the [/img] at the end of each of them. Then they will work! Or maybe Everett will come to the rescue and fix it for ya.

Bax Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:02 pm

Thanks! Trying to figure this thing out.

Jessica Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:06 pm

Hey no problem! I really like your oval...NICE! :D

EverettB Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:59 pm

Damn, that Oval is beautiful.

Nice looking Type 34 too. It was cheap!!!

Bax Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:09 am

Thanks Ev. I wasn't even considering a T34 until I saw Tom selling his here, but I have always been intrigued by them. The car runs great, and where else could you get a vehicle that has the rarity and intereest of a T34 for that kind of money. It's also nice to be able to drive in the fast lane. Driving the oval back from Madera was a lesson infrustration as we were driving into the wind. I could barely get her into 4th on some stretches.

LeeStahlecker Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:44 am

hey bax, i saw your oval at kelly park earlier this ear then again at madera. it's a beautiful car and the pictures don't do it justice. your t34 is really nice as well.

Bax Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:58 am

Thanks Lee. Are you going to Bakersfield in September? I hear they expect a pretty good turnout. I sort of like the idea fo a show being from 2:00 - 7:00 pm. Won't have to get up at the crack of dawn and it may make for a nice drive home in the evening.

LeeStahlecker Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:13 am

no bax, we are going to pass on that one. i work weekends and it's dificult for me to get off so i have to be somewhat choosey about what shows i go to (although this year i have been to sonora, kelly park, madera, vallejo, sab bug-o-rama, the vw classic, the old volks show in hayward and the motherlode show). coming up i will be at the second vallejo show this coming weekend, sac bug-o-rama on the 31st and then our club is putting on a show in downtown lodi on september 21st. let me know how that show in bakersfield turns out, maybe next year. where are you at anyway?

LeeStahlecker Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:14 am

oops, just saw in your profile that you are in paso robles.

estofer Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Bax wrote:

The '54 is originally from Brisbane, Australia. We brought it over 2 years ago to CA. The '65 Type 34 is my new daily driver.

I love the color of this oval!! Is it factory color? and if so what is the paint code?