TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Sacto Type 3 - Now Wednesdays- Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
jimmynotch Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:45 pm

So I made it... I am now in Sac and I have the notch here as well. In the spirit of those Type 3 guys in Seattle that have been getting together for over a year and a half, I was wondering if anyone wants to hook up for burgers (I could definatly do burritos too) and beers (or Cokes) tonite? We could put it off till next week too.... Whatever. What do you Sacto guys think?

notchboy Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Well if anything, get the notch out find s good burrito joint and pay a tribute to me brother.

jimmynotch Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:59 pm

notchboy wrote: Well if anything, get the notch out find s good burrito joint and pay a tribute to me brother.

Does that mean that I should eat 3 super burritos and drink a whole pitcher to my dome?

notchboy Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 pm

jimmynotch wrote: notchboy wrote: Well if anything, get the notch out find s good burrito joint and pay a tribute to me brother.

Does that mean that I should eat 3 super burritos and drink a whole pitcher to my dome?

Not you want to be able to drive and not be on the toilet all day tomorrow :wink:

tomnotch Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:58 pm

I am so down for some good burritos, and washed down with a good libation. my next question is "Where?" :lol:

opps, wrong town
:roll:

my65rhd Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Wish I had come online sooner. I would have been up for that....Kyle mr rhd

cdgvw1 Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:24 pm

sorry I didn't log in sooner. I would have drug my car out tonight, taxi cab yellow and all.. I would like to meet some type III drivers. Maybe next week?

Chris

67stang302 Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Jimmy when the weather permits I would be down for a sacto evening get together when I have the 343 ready to roll

DucMike Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:12 am

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. If nothing else, it'll give me incentive to get the square roadworthy & off the non-op status. Any thoughts on a location yet?

jimmynotch Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:21 am

DucMike wrote: I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. If nothing else, it'll give me incentive to get the square roadworthy & off the non-op status. Any thoughts on a location yet?

What do you need to get it rolling? Perhaps at some point we can have a tech/work on your car session at your house and help you get things going.

As far as a place to meet-up for next week, I live in Fair Oaks and I know the rest of you guys are kinda spread out... so lets pick a central place. In-n-Out Burger? MMMMMMMMM... Yummy.

DucMike Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:46 am

Much as I hate to say it, it really needs a lot. Starting with me swapping the flat-spotted tires (10+ years ), changing the oil, doing the brakes, re-charging the battery for the um-teenth time, the list goes on. I refuse to call it going over to the dark side, but I did defect to the water-cooled ranks. Never sold my baby though. Could never quite bring myself to do that. Actually, I've been collecting bits as of late to give it another lease on life. Got a Selecta vision sitting in front of me right now to keep the fire burning. Just need to get a roof over it's head so I can get started.

:(

As for location; there's also the new Sonic they opened up out in Rocklin, not to mention the Suzi's Burgers downtown. Both seem like they'd lend themselves well to this sort of gtg.

Godsbug Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:03 pm

I don't think you guys need to have your T3's there to have a good time. Just showing up to hang out with other T3 owners is what makes it fun. Add Jim to the mix and you know you'll have a good time.

If I ever pass through that way again I'll make sure to stop in for a T3 Tuesday in Sacto.

Just show up in whatever car runs and enjoy the company. Even if you're stuck with a brown Astro van.

my65rhd Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:28 pm

The Fair Oaks area is fine with me. I live in Orangevale. I just want to hang out. Any type of restaurant is good with me....Kyle

cdgvw1 Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:03 am

In-N-Out is cool, Aldebertos (sp), what ever..

-Chris

[email protected] Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:12 am

damn i got 1/2 a year till i get my licence :evil: as soon as i do i will hang out with you guys.

Critter1 Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:23 am

i'm in. i'll keep an eye on this thread

T-Dubya Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:49 am

Im down. Willys burgers downtown, broadway and 16th is a cool spot.

jimmynotch Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:16 am

T-Dubya wrote: Im down. Willys burgers downtown, broadway and 16th is a cool spot.

Is that place still open? I thought I remembered it closing up.

DucMike Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Nah; it's still there. My watercooled crew meets down there on Thursday nights. Good sized parking lot & never a hassle from 'da man'. Now the odd pan-handler on the other hand...

my65rhd Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Even if we meet for the first time at a coffee place. A few places....Kyle

Bella Bru Coffee Open till 9pm
5038 Fair Oaks Blvd
Carmichael
Fair Oaks & El Camino

Starbucks
4005 Manzanita Avenue
Carmichael, CA 95608
Fair Oaks & Manzanita

or to eat
In N Out Burger