TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The Binz Double Cab Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
GarryA Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:33 pm

I just noticed. They sunk the spare tire into the bed?

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 pm

mightymouse wrote:

:roll:

Nice to see another Binz on the road. Is it on the registry? What number is it? I'd like to see how they did the popout latch, too.

UZI Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 pm

GarryA wrote: That Binz is cool but somehow it just does do it for me with all the bling.
Considering it's commercial heritage that is.

well....i guess you just aren't a chromosexual then....

GarryA Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:09 pm

cdennisg wrote: mightymouse wrote:

:roll:

Nice to see another Binz on the road. Is it on the registry? What number is it? I'd like to see how they did the popout latch, too.

Would it matter if it was not? That reg has not been updated in years.

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Quote: GarryA wrote:

Would it matter if it was not? That reg has not been updated in years.

I think Wade would add it to the registry if given the information.

UZI Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:38 pm

i don't any new binzes have been found recently. every one that is known is on there (minus this one)

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 pm

That was my guess as well. No need to update the registry if there are no updates to make.

GarryA Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:49 pm

cdennisg wrote: That was my guess as well. No need to update the registry if there are no updates to make.

Wrong guess. I know of 3 new Binz owners. :wink:
And I know first hand that information sent to that web site does not get made into updates.

UZI Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm

GarryA wrote:

Wrong guess. I know of 3 new Binz owners.

new owners or new binzes?

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm

GarryA wrote: cdennisg wrote: That was my guess as well. No need to update the registry if there are no updates to make.

And I know first hand that information sent to that web site does not get made into updates.

I know of a couple, too, but the owners think that if they send in that info bad things might happen. They chose not to make their info known.

Contact Everett or Kommercial on here to get a Binz into the registry.

EverettB Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:16 pm

mr. warehouse wrote: EverettB wrote: Binz at Bug-In 37 last weekend

I walked right by that, knew what it was, but never thought to stop and look at the pop out latch mounts.

Any shots of those?

Ev?
Johnny?
I didn't photograph or look at the pop-out latch side.

The hinge side looked a little abnormal but I think they used regular Bus piano hinges. Maybe home-made hinges?

EverettB Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 pm

cdennisg wrote: GarryA wrote: cdennisg wrote: That was my guess as well. No need to update the registry if there are no updates to make.

I know of a couple, too, but the owners think that if they send in that info bad things might happen. They chose not to make their info known.

I don't control the Binz information on dropgates.com (Kommercial's site) but you can post them in this thread with information and the Binz # if you like. I can't see how posting the information would affect anything. Don't show your street address # in the photos if that concerns you. Drive the Bus to the local park or something.

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

EverettB wrote: cdennisg wrote: GarryA wrote: cdennisg wrote: That was my guess as well. No need to update the registry if there are no updates to make.

I don't control the Binz information on dropgates.com (Kommercial's site) but you can post them in this thread with information and the Binz # if you like. I can't see how posting the information would affect anything. Don't show your street address # in the photos if that concerns you. Drive the Bus to the local park or something.

I don't see how posting the Binz production number would be an issue either, but I have had people say exactly that to me.

Everett, I know you don't control dropgates.com, I just knew that you could help someone make contact with Wade (Kommercial).

Does anyone know if this Binz is previously known, or is it new to the scene?

EverettB Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:41 pm

This particular Binz is a known Binz.

It's the one from VW Trends back in the day.
Gallery here
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_keywords=binz+trends

On Wade's Binz page, it's #124
http://www.dropgates.com/binz/

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm

EverettB wrote: This particular Binz is a known Binz.

It's the one from VW Trends back in the day.
Gallery here
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_keywords=binz+trends

On Wade's Binz page, it's #124
http://www.dropgates.com/binz/

Ahh. I didn't recognize it with the new paint in daylight.

Kommercial Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Typical owner swapping is only noted in my resigtry info stuff behind the scenes, but not displayed on the site for privacy reasons. New find Binz's are the only updates you would see, and that's only when the owners allow it. There are a few "secret" rides waiting in the bushes. Pm me if you have submitted new info that needs posted.

cdennisg Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks for the clear-up, Wade. I wish I had a new Binz to share. :D

restojohnny Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am

I didn't use piano hinges for the popout's on my uncles binz I used hinges I drilled out of a kombi. The window section's on any binz are not 100% square so the popout's look alittle weird when viewed from afar like it dips in the middle on the top and the same for the bottom both sides of the popouts were different dimensions so we had to bend the frame here and there to make it work. The popout latches used are crew cab latches but my uncle swaps the hinges out to see what he like's better.

EverettB Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 am

restojohnny wrote: I didn't use piano hinges for the popout's on my uncles binz I used hinges I drilled out of a kombi. The window section's on any binz are not 100% square so the popout's look alittle weird when viewed from afar like it dips in the middle on the top and the same for the bottom both sides of the popouts were different dimensions so we had to bend the frame here and there to make it work. The popout latches used are crew cab latches but my uncle swaps the hinges out to see what he like's better.
Cool, that was what I meant above - they looked like normal Bus piano-style hinges but I wasn't sure if you used real ones or made them.

It was neat to see pop-outs in a Binz, I was thinking of trying that if I ever got one myself because it gets HOT inside the Binz cab without pop-outs.

EverettB Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Vintage photo of the Dealer floor of Omaha Volkswagen in Omaha, NE

Unfortunately the guy put those lines on the photo to sell it on eBay and he did not respond to my request get him to tell me who won the auction.
If you won all the photos from this dealer, I would love to add all of them to the Omaha dealer page on the site. There were 20-30 photos of various VWs.