TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: winter blues
bread geek Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:23 pm

come on is anyone else in the northeast sick of the cold and snow.no wonder i am moving to NC as soon as my house sells,thats if i can dig it out of winter hibernation.i want to camp in my bus.
Jeff

krusovice Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm

I got the grays real bad. We are in the 4th month of winter, I haven't even seen my bus since October, and the recent rains have melted enough snow that I can't even go skiing. Blah.

And the sun hasn't shined for like a week.

But this too shall pass. And Spring is always so gorgeous. :D

orangeeyesore Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 pm

bread geek wrote: come on is anyone else in the northeast sick of the cold and snow.no wonder i am moving to NC as soon as my house sells,thats if i can dig it out of winter hibernation.i want to camp in my bus.
Jeff

stay where you are, we don't need your whiney ass down here.

erdonline Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm

What part of the Northeast are you in?

Yes, I'm tired of a lot of aspects of the winter in CT and here's what I'm doing about it- I'm going camping!

There are two camping events near the Northeast US on the weekend of the 20th of this month There's an overnight event in Cambridge, Ontario, called the True Canadian Winter Bus Campout.

There's also one in PA, near Philly, for the whole weekend. Both have details at www.limbobus.org, right on the main page. The PA one also has info at www.fullmoonbusclub.com. Go to forums on the left side of the page, then events, and it's listed under "Blizzard Out Campout". I'll be attending this one. There are hookups for your heater, and an indoor pavilion with a pool, hot tub, and sauna. This will be my first winter event, and I'm looking forward to camping again.

Ed in CT

Wildthings Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:42 am

Winter, what winter? One of the nice things about living in the desert drylands of the eastern Columbia River Gorge is that sings of spring comes like clockwork paying more heed to the calendar than the weather. This flower poked its head up two weeks ago through ground that was still crunchy underneath ones feet.

Zero419 Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 am

Winter is my favorite season, even more so now that I just bought a snowmobile.

I haven't seen my van in 4 or 5 months now. When I bring it out there is lots to be done...

ftp2leta Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:24 am

Winter what?

Ben in FL

bread geek Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:19 pm

hey orangeeyesore why do you have to be a hater.i guess you do not have 3 feet of snow in your yard or you would have the same attitude bro.
peace
jeff