TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Colorado Vanagon Trip June 27-30 POSTPONED
Escorial Syncro Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:42 am

Our little Syncro group is having a Camp out near Gunnison, CO on the dates above. Though most of us are Syncro guys, we welcome all Vanagon or VW types. Our camp spots are usually 2wd-friendly, but there is a lot of 4wd terrain we visit with the syncros for fun. Families welcome, I'll be attending with my eight year old girl. Mountain bikes and motorcycles will also be there. Most of us have syncros with SVX or other interesting motor conversions, so it's a great time to look those over too. Please see this post for more info: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rocky-Mountain-Syncro-Fest/message/690

Here's photos from our last trip to this area:

Mundopacheco Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:58 am

The bad news is that I won't be able to make it. The good news is that I'll be on the Middle Fork of The Salmon with my rafting buddies. No SO on this one, but I am taking my daughter, which will make it much like the old days. You guys have a great time......
Miguel

crukab Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Dammm I miss Colorado ! We used to do a lot of back road cruising all over the state. Here's a shot from '82, the wife w/ our '63 Dc.

Escorial Syncro Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 am

Dang Miguel,
We need to have your schedule next time we plan one of these. But, if I were you I'd probably still choose The Salmon...that sounds fun.

Hope to see some new faces this year regardless. Free camping and nice folks. Cheers, Joel

Syncronicity Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 am

The bad news is that I wont be able to make it. The worst news is that I will be in Ohio. More notice next year please. Tom

fairweather Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:18 pm

Quote: The good news is that I'll be on the Middle Fork of The Salmon with my rafting buddies.

Guided fishing/beer drinking tours will be available on the Gunnison River (for free) :D .

Also on that weekend will be the Gunnison River Festival which is alot of fun for spectators as well as anyone who can do loops, cartwheels, flat spins pirouettes etc as well as downriver raft/kayak races plus a triathlon involving kayak/run/bike. Climbing competitions too.

http://www.gunnisonriverfestival.com/

pb24ss Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Man I'd love to be joining you, but I've got plans that weekend already. Perhaps next year.

redcanoe Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 pm

That is one fine looking campsite. Think I see at least one 2wd. Care to share a little more info on the location (GPS coordinates perhaps) to a CDN interested in getting into Colorado one day. Have already enjoyed parts of WA, OR, Utah and Arizona.

Thanks for the public invitation.

Escorial Syncro Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 pm

I don't have any GPS coordinates, but in the link in the original post there is great information on how to find the area.

And I think it was Tom requested more notice next time. On that issue, the best thing to do is join our Yahoo group that can also be reached via the link in the original post. On that group we discuss dates, poll to see who can attend, stuff like that. Cheers, Joel

greggearhead Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Have fun - wish my Panel was camper-eady so I could join you!

Monster Truck Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Hey, I think my van will be down there but I'll be home working. Mike is doing an Subi 2.5 conversion for me (along with a few other things) then driving it down to me in Durango via Gunni. looks suspicious that they (he and the van) will be stopping through for a visit. Look fun, wish I could be there.
Greg

Mundopacheco Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:15 am

Greg, you should give me a call......(970)903-8087
Miguel in Durango

Escorial Syncro Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 am

This is POSTPONED.

I had to cancel, and others in the group are having similar issues. So it was decided to try it again at a later date. I'll post again when we figure out a new date, or stay tuned to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rocky-Mountain-Syncro-Fest/ for full details or to chime in with your good dates to attend. Thanks