TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Taking a trip to Seattle on Aug 2-5.
meyervw Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:50 am

Will be making a trip up there to talk to some folks about jobs. I have had it in this town. I was brought here for a job to find out I was just being used. And not in a good way. So I have talked to the wife and we have choosen Seattle. Cooler weather, state is not going bankrupt, and just a nicer place to be. Been there a few times and loved it. I will be packing my wife, her brother and a friend. We are all moving so Gustav will be put to the ultamate test. The van has been running great and all the bugs are worked out. If you see me go by you on I5 honk. You will know it me cause I am going fast and my plates are MEYERVW.

M_atthewanderson Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Welcome,

Seattle is great. I have only met a handful of people who were born and raised in Seattle and have met a large amount of people that have moved up here from California.

Great Vanagon crowd too. A lot of enthusiast driving Vanagons, always waving and honking.

llrunning Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:07 pm

We're leaving San Diego Friday 6/26 to drive to Seattle as well. This is our first test of Brownie and ourselves. We've never camped before and we're excited about the prospect of the adventure. I fear it will be 100 degrees though so we're taking fans. Seattle is great! Grew up there and might consider going back. It's tough though once you've lived in SD and the sunshine. Good luck with your journey.