TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Automatic Transmission Pan Gasket
tmitoraj Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:22 am

Would someone tell me where to buy a pan gasket for the trans in my 71 Fasty FI? Thanks Tom

Mike Fisher Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 am

www.bulkpart.com has rebuild kits, but I don't see the gasket listed?

BearBroth Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:00 am

I have a brand new trans gasket in plastic wrapper I bought a few years back for my auto square. I no longer have the car or any auto T3's so I don't need it. PM me your info and you can have it (i'll send it in an envelope or something). I bought it from Buggy Warehouse and when they referenced the PN said it was the same PN as for a Dasher (or similar).

jadney Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:27 pm

[quote="tmitoraj"]Would someone tell me where to buy a pan gasket for the trans in my 71 Fasty FI? Thanks Tom[/quote]

I have them.

Russ Wolfe Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:34 am

jadney wrote: tmitoraj wrote: Would someone tell me where to buy a pan gasket for the trans in my 71 Fasty FI? Thanks Tom

I have them.

I saw them listed at eVWparts.com the other night.

http://evwparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Type34AutoTrans

Joe Langoilis is good about supporting the T-3 crowd. I think he even drives one.

gleason Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:47 am

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1970/volkswagen/s...ilter.html
Have 10 in stock today.

diesellibrarian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:14 pm

I was able to order them in Canada at NAPA using these part numbers (I didn't tell them the make/model, as that usually gets me a "no" right off the bat). They're bringing them in from the States so presumably they're available at NAPA stores in the US.

These are NAPA's numbers:

Gasket: ATP14905
Gasket/Filter kit: ATP17203

I think the VW part number is 003-321-371

Also, holy thread resurrection, Batman!

gleason Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 pm

:lol: Yep, new people with old cars need current info!!

Multi69s Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:36 am

The one thing I will say about the auto is, if you can find a part, but 2 or 3. I really believe that for us auto folks, these parts will disappear sooner then any other parts. I have three complete rebuild kits in my shed, and the company I got them from no longer stocks them. Also, the bands are the hardest thing to find, that and the front trans mount.