TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Quick 3 point seat belt question.
SteveVanB Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:07 pm

So I got a rear seat belt from an 89 Jetta.I'm lookin' for ideas for the "t" shaped bracket that attaches the belt retractor to the van? I suppose I could weld one up but I'd rather have a one piece bracket. What have others done?

SteveVanB Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Anyone....

j_dirge Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 am

Not sure what "t-brackets" you are referring to.

The 3 point belt retractors I used (from GoWesty) bolted directly to the welded in nuts behind the panel in the rear. No brackets.

Maybe some photos would help.
I know several people here have used the Jetta belts.. but they may not be lurking at this time.

ajdenette Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:19 am

The Jetta belts are not long enough to go down the bracket located behind the panel and just get bolted to the pillar where the slide bracket would go.

SteveVanB Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 pm

The "t" bracket is mounted down near the engine cover floor...I've seen a pic of 'em but can't find it. It has 3 holes with nuts welded to the bottom side(the "t" is actually upside down) with one hole on top for the retractor, I think? Also I coulda' sworn I read somewhere that the jetta belts were long enough? Also the jetta belts must be oriented at a specific angle in order for them to work? I'll definately investigate further tommorrow :?