TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cheap way to ship carburetors, etc from the U.K to the USA?
Type 5 Joe Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Anyone know a cheap way to ship carburetors, etc from the U.K to the USA?

I know Alfa1750 (ebay) ships Dellorto sets from Italy to the USA for $39.00. The US Postal delivers them to my front door and I sign for them....

Anyone know any tricks for affordable, insured, tracked shipping to the USA from the U.K?

Thanks in advance.... - Joe

Tintop73 Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Joe.To be honest, it's not worth your while shipping anything from the UK at the moment. You could prbally get just about anything cheaper where you are without going out of your front door. Good deal on the dells from Italy. There's no way you'ld get a price like that from the UK.

foxtail1 Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:25 pm

Listen closely not unless you have lots of money or no one here has one which would be unlikly, but one never knows.

Joval Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:06 pm

I find shipping out of UK generally very expensive and I'm only across the water in Ireland...

Try this company -

http://www.parcel2go.com/

Roadcow Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Joe,
I'll be in Bristol on the 20th of November. If you can get your carbs sent to an address there or to my place in Portrush NI I can bring them back in my luggage ( I'm taking over a 36 Hp stroked crank and Flywheel so will have weight and space available). I live in NorCal but my daughter lives in Ashland and I could get them that far for you. Let me know ( PM ) if I can help. Postal strike in UK now I believe.,