TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Beetle Bums VW club Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
TheRustySuper Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:08 pm

So, after some discussion, some of us decided it would be a good idea to start a VW club for all the teenagers on here who own and work on VW's. It seems like a good way for everyone to get to know each other and for us to be able to discuss stuff without hijacking other threads. I dunno if we'll be able to meet up anywhere (at least not frequently), since a lot of us seem widely dispersed all over the place. So if you're a teenager and have a VW, feel free to join! Any ideas for the club are welcome as well.

Here are the members:

letthemusicflow:
'74 Super-Project (sold)

TJ - iVolkswagen

1961 Beetle

1963 Beetle

1966 Beetle

Ryan - RidinRetro1973

1972 Super

Clark - TheRustySuper

1972 Super

Beetlebaum

'73 Super, continuous project

Eric - DonnieDarko

'74 Super (sold)

'72 Bus

'70 Standard

TjdTaylor

1974 Super

gavin.dude

1973 Super

robbo112233

1974 1200 Beetle

Ryan - rtaylor

1970 Baja

If you would like to join and have your info posted up here, just shoot me a PM :)

Beetlebaum Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Count me in!
Eventually we should all plan a get-together...don't know how long it would take to get it together, but I would enjoy it. 8)

DonnieDarko Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Count me in as well. 8)

I could probably swing a meet-up somewhere in NC/SC/VA ... but that's as far as I'd be willing to trust my Bug with :lol:

TheRustySuper Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:13 pm

DonnieDarko wrote: Count me in as well. 8)

I could probably swing a meet-up somewhere in NC/SC/VA ... but that's as far as I'd be willing to trust my Bug with :lol:

Same here, found out my engine has 204,xxx miles on it, never rebuilt :shock: It's a miracle I'm still going at all. If we did a meet, perhaps VA or TN? Then there would be the task of convincing the parentals to let me take it that far... :?

Beetlebaum Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:14 pm

TheRustySuper wrote: DonnieDarko wrote: Count me in as well. 8)

Same here, found out my engine has 204,xxx miles on it, never rebuilt :shock: It's a miracle I'm still going at all. If we did a meet, perhaps VA or TN? Then there would be the task of convincing the parentals to let me take it that far... :?
That would probably work for me...

DonnieDarko Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 pm

TheRustySuper wrote: DonnieDarko wrote: Count me in as well. 8)

:shock: 204,000?

I'm only pushing 74,000 original miles.

And I do suppose convincing parents to go anywhere could be a problem for some people. Not so much for me ... :P

Could probably do TN as well. Never been over that way but I'm sure it'd be doable. :lol: I have less faith in my VW than it probably deserves.

LeviMan2001 Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:19 pm

I live in AK so I'm screwed anyhow pretty much :lol: . I'd be a member though just to be. Maybe some day I'll take a huge road trip in my bug. Damn that sounds like fun. :lol:

TheRustySuper Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:20 pm

DonnieDarko wrote: TheRustySuper wrote: DonnieDarko wrote: Count me in as well. 8)

:shock: 204,000?

I'm only pushing 74,000 original miles.

And I do suppose convincing parents to go anywhere could be a problem for some people. Not so much for me. :p

Could probably do TN as well. Never been over that way but I'm sure it'd be doable. :lol: I have less faith in my VW than it probably deserves.

Yeah, 204,000. I'm pretty sure the engine has been out of the car, because the thermostatically operated flaps are gone. Some gaskets (like carb to manifold and stuff like that) have been replaced, but no reports from any of the PO's about an actual rebuild.

My parents were so afraid of my driving a 38 year old car often they bought me a brand new car :shock: ...they don't like me driving it much farther than in and around town. But my grandparents live in Southern KY, perhaps if I divided the trip... :idea:

Beetlebaum Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:24 pm

LeviMan2001 wrote: I live in AK so I'm screwed anyhow pretty much :lol: . I'd be a member though just to be. Maybe some day I'll take a huge road trip in my bug. Damn that sounds like fun. :lol:
Fix the blue one and take it.

Don't take your orange one that bends when you get in it! :shock: :lol:

72KYLE Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 pm

cool idea! :D 8)

I've always wanted to start something like this at my school.

TheRustySuper Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:41 pm

72KYLE wrote: cool idea! :D 8)

I've always wanted to start something like this at my school.

How many kids have VW's at your school?

72KYLE Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:14 am

lol, one. Its a 70 squareback

TheRustySuper Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

72KYLE wrote: lol, one. Its a 70 squareback

Better off than me, I have zero :?

When do you plan to have your Beetle back on the road?

Beetlebaum Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:00 pm

An orange Super went to my school freshman year but hasn't been seen since then. :cry:

LeviMan2001 Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Beetlebaum wrote: LeviMan2001 wrote: I live in AK so I'm screwed anyhow pretty much :lol: . I'd be a member though just to be. Maybe some day I'll take a huge road trip in my bug. Damn that sounds like fun. :lol:
Fix the blue one and take it.

Don't take your orange one that bends when you get in it! :shock: :lol:

Yeah I'd love to, but I dunno, that'd be kinda hard on the poor thing, I hear that highway is a bugger bumpy-ness wise. I really want to turn the orange one into a crazy high performance mid-engined rat rod thing, maybe hack a good cool V8 in there :twisted: (not some cookie cutter 350).

72KYLE Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:33 pm

TheRustySuper wrote: 72KYLE wrote: lol, one. Its a 70 squareback

now that I've removed the windows, stripped the interior and started painting it? I'd give till the end of next summer :roll:

TheRustySuper Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:54 pm

72KYLE wrote: TheRustySuper wrote: 72KYLE wrote: lol, one. Its a 70 squareback

now that I've removed the windows, stripped the interior and started painting it? I'd give till the end of next summer :roll:

Dang. I dunno if I could go without my Beetle that long :( It's not my daily, but I hate it not being driveable, especially since I have my license now.

72KYLE Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 pm

its been out of commission since November...of last year. :(

Beetlebaum Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:06 am

72KYLE wrote: its been out of commission since November...of last year. :(
Mine's been out since 1994 I think. I've only owned it since 2008 though. :|

TheRustySuper Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Mine died on the side of the road today, I nearly had a freakin' heart attack. Turned out it was bad battery connections. Just barely fiddled with the terminals and the car fired right up. Really pissed me off :evil: