TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Check out my new 64 Bug Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
tziegler03 Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:59 am

I just bought a 64 and she is on her way to me. I'm having it shipped from Oregon to Florida. I'm excited to get her next week and start her new life in Sunny Florida. Let me know what you think.

Here she is loading on to a flat be for her Journey!

Will add more next week when she arrives.[/img]

Humanure Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 am

Nice! I had a VW shipped from Oregon, too. I live in the central FL area so I'm sure I'll see your car at one of the shows.

JinxedSydney Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 am

Nice car. But the stinger is uuuuuugly. Distracts the back view, since most of the car looks more stock than modified. And is it me, or does the bonnet look a slightly different blue than the rest of the car. It may be the sunlight...

Good buy!

Mr. Unpopular Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:12 am

Congrats! That is a really clean car.

Make sure you check out www.tampavw.net. We're a growing air-cooled community and are always looking for people that like to have fun!

Are you going to Lakeland this weekend? Most of us will be there. Look for our banner.

Insaniac Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 am

Looks good, what type of engine does it have?

JinxedSydney wrote: And is it me, or does the bonnet look a slightly different blue than the rest of the car. It may be the sunlight...

I think it might be the way the light is hitting the back since it has some decklid stand offs.

HotTinRoof Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 am

Very clean! Did you purchase sight unseen?

okdecay Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:12 am

woah, i saw that one in the classifieds. i viewed it on more than one occasion pondering the idea of purchasing it.

looks clean from the photos :wink:

kanniff Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 am

Awe! Ill have to take that off my "watched ads" list! Good buy! (pun intended)

I love the stance and color of that car!

Congratulations!

tziegler03 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

JinxedSydney it's the way the light is hitting it! It has a deck lid stand off! I did buy the car sight unseen. It has an 1835 in it! It'll get a bunch of stuff once she gets settled at my house. Thanks Florida Buggy! I'll check it out. I don't like the angled up stinger either. Humanure that's awesome. I live in the Tampa area. I'll be at the Lakeland show on Sunday, but obviously the car won't be here yet. Thanks for all the opinions. Kepp them coming.

andk5591 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Nice car - have fun!

83_WabbitGTI Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Would you mind telling me from which city in Oregon you got it from? It looks really familiar.

Good thing about getting an Oregon car is it should be almost rust free. Main thing we get here is slight surface stuff.

Great buy, beautiful car!

tziegler03 Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:14 pm

It came from Oregon City.

83_WabbitGTI Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Nope, not the same one... I have family that lives there... Nonetheless you'll have a great car!!

scottvw Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:21 pm

It must be an early 64. It has the early turn signals and license plate beak of a 63.

JinxedSydney Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:54 pm

scottvw wrote: ...and license plate beak of a 63.
Just say it...."Pope's nose." :twisted:

okdecay Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:59 pm

pope's nose?

tziegler03 Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:25 am

That's correct. It's an early 64.

eguti66 Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 am

tziegler03 wrote: I just bought a 64 and she is on her way to me. I'm having it shipped from Oregon to Florida. I'm excited to get her next week and start her new life in Sunny Florida. Let me know what you think.

Here she is loading on to a flat be for her Journey!

Will add more next week when she arrives.

Nice car, But dont forget to move that fuel filter when you get it home

estofer Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 am

Great Bug!!

Love the color and it has a mean stance! Enjoy!! :D

tziegler03 Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:15 am

eguti66 thanks for the fuel filter comment. I was planning on taking the single carb off and going with duals, being that it's an 1835 she needs to breath a little more. Taking the J tubes off to and putting a nice ceramic coated merged header in her. I love the color too. The stance is nice, but It'll probably get a little lower when she gets here. It's got a 2" narrowed adjustable beam, with a bugpack front swaybar. Thinking about putting a set of Jer*Fab rear spring plates in it to get the rear down a bit more without notching my spring plate and not getting as much camber in the rear.