TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Where can I ship my Syncro on the East Coast near the border
SyncroChrick Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am

Hi!

I need to ship my Westfalia Syncro from San Francisco to the North-East Coast so my sister can bring it back to Montreal/Ottawa.

I am trying to get quotes from u-ship but I would need a safe and reliable place to drop it, either in Vermont or New York.

Does anyone know of a place? I wouldn't mind paying storage for a few days but I really need something I can trust.

Thank you very much!

tozovr Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 am

SyncroChrick wrote: Hi!

I need to ship my Westfalia Syncro from San Francisco to the North-East Coast so my sister can bring it back to Montreal/Ottawa.

I am trying to get quotes from u-ship but I would need a safe and reliable place to drop it, either in Vermont or New York.

Does anyone know of a place? I wouldn't mind paying storage for a few days but I really need something I can trust.

Thank you very much!

I'm in Seacoast Maine, right on the NH/MA border. You are more than welcome to ship it here. Very nice neighborhood, very safe etc.

RJ

GBA 88West LA Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 am

are you looking for a commercial spot or private spot?

SyncroChrick Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 am

tozovr wrote: SyncroChrick wrote: Hi!

Thank you very much!

I'm in Seacoast Maine, right on the NH/MA border. You are more than welcome to ship it here. Very nice neighborhood, very safe etc.

RJ

thanks let me check where that is.

SyncroChrick Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 am

GBA 88West LA wrote: are you looking for a commercial spot or private spot?

No preference but it would be nice if the person in charge knows/respects Westfalia...

:)

It would only be for a few days, just so the truck driver can drop the Syncro somewhere and then my sister/friend will drive down from Montreal and take it back to Quebec.

Christian
www.2aroundtheworld.com

tozovr Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 am

SyncroChrick wrote: GBA 88West LA wrote: are you looking for a commercial spot or private spot?

No preference but it would be nice if the person in charge knows/respects Westfalia...

It would only be for a few days, just so the truck driver can drop the Syncro somewhere and then my sister/friend will drive down from Montreal and take it back to Quebec.

Christian
www.2aroundtheworld.com

We're about 5 hours from Montreal. We love Westfalia.

GBA 88West LA and I will promise to set up a perimeter and monitor the Westy and email updates on a 4 hour basis ;)

Crughy Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:05 pm

There is a place in Champlain. Right by the Highway. First exit after the US Border. It's a truck stop/storage place. There can keep cars and all kinds of stuff for you. (boats, porsches, etc. all waiting papers etc. to get paste the border crossing).
There is a fence, it's guarded at night. It's fairly cheap. 10 to 15$ a day I think.

I'll try to get the name.

I am not sure it is this one:
Champlain Peterbilt :
61 West Service Road
Champlain, NY 12919-4438, United States
(518) 298-4260
champlainpeterbilt.com

I think it is the building just north to it.

<http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Champlain,+NY,+USA&daddr=45.000495,-73.455899&geocode=FTtwrgIdg0uf-ymPoqd-UyjKTDF67KS4fDaNUQ%3B&hl=fr&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=16&sll=44.999767,-73.455148&sspn=0.007996,0.022488&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&dirflg=d>
JP

SyncroChrick Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 am

All,

Thanks for your reply and offer to help.

It turns out that my friend has a week off so he is going to fly over here and drive it back himself!

Here's the road he is going to take:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&...03&z=4

Hopefully everything will go well! This is going to be the 4th time this Syncro is driven across the continent...