TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Salt flat discs for stock rims
vwfan5 Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 am

Are salt flat discs available to fit stock vw bug 15" 4 lug rims? I have a set of 4 lug hub cap style rims, and 4 lug Sun Bug rims that I can use. Both rims center sections bow out past the rims edge, so I feel the universal flat discs may not work. I prefer the screw on type, but the snap on type is okay also. Names of any distributors would be appreciated. Thanks.

69 Jim Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 am

http://www.mooneyesusa.com/

vaughn bros. Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:07 pm

vwfan5 Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm

I still am looking for an answer without buying and trying to see which ones will have the clearance and fit. Anyone else running them?

69 Jim Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Call Mooneyes. :roll:

'64cal lookdub Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 pm

The snap on discs from mooneyes don't look right...if you must run the snap on, get the generic ones from speedway motors, they don't have a funny looking lip like the ones from moon and they're a lot cheaper.

madoski Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:20 pm

vwfan5 wrote: I still am looking for an answer without buying and trying to see which ones will have the clearance and fit. Anyone else running them?

Did you ever get a set to work and look right? I got some of the screw on ones on an ebay auction only to find that they don't clear the rear axle nuts (fronts have adequate clearance)...this is on a four lug.

chickengeorge Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:23 am

69 Jim wrote: Call Mooneyes. :roll:
You can only lead the horse to the water, grasshopper....

andk5591 Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:57 am

When I was going to use them on my 69, I had seen where some folks used spacers to clear the axle nuts - another thing you can do it find wheels with a little less backspacing (there are about a dozen different 4 bolt wheels out there. My car originally had 3 different wheels on it.